2.21 JJ's Philosophy

Elena sat on her computer, it was a gift from her father so she could finish school online. He had said he didn't want Elena to miss out on opportunities just because she had gotten pregnant. Her mother however. Kept her promise on not speaking to her. Alexander's mother, Ansiedad had walked through the door and smiled at Elena.

"Lena sweetheart, you don't have to clean everyday." She had said to her.

"i want to help out since you guys are letting me stay here.." Elena said putting the computer down.

"Your presence is enough. We love you." Ansiedad said. "You're apart of the family now. You're a mendoza." she sat down on the couch next to her. "Where's Essie?" she asked.

"Alexander took her for a walk a few minutes ago." Elena said. "He wanted to take her to the park."

The Pogues pulled in behind the Chateau,"There she is." John B said.

"Bet it is good to see her old bones." JJ said, an arm around Esperanza's waist,"Welcome home guys."

Pope and Kiara both tied the boat to the dock and the Pogues began to get out. "You know, I gotta be honest. Not exactly looking forward to a check-in at home. My parents probably already arranged my funeral." Kiara said.

"I also predict unpleasantries at the Heyward household. After I left the truck in Charleston." Pope said.

"My mom is going to kill me.." Catalina said, looking over at Pope.

"Hmm." Esperanza hummed softly. JJ looked over at her.

"No one knows we're here, right?" JJ said. "And you three aren't gonna get into any more trouble for showing up 12 hours later. Am I right, or am I right?"

"You're not wrong." Catalina said.

"So that means we have 12 hours to do whatever we want. huh? A little Pogue fellowship. How does that sound?" JJ said as Sarah shook her head.

"Let the shit hit fan tomorrow." John B said.

"Yeah!" JJ said.

"The cops could be looking for us. It could be really stupid." Sarah said as Esperanza leaned slightly into her leg.

"Sarah Cameron, you've heard of my philosophy, right?" JJ said walking towards them, Esperanza rolled her eyes and smiled.

"No." Sarah said, fighting the urge to laugh by not looking at him.

"Stupid things have good outcomes all the time." JJ said, everyone of the Pogues mouthing along to his words.

"I'd like to go on record saying that your philosophy is what started this entire mess." Esperanza said. "Just saying if it weren't for your philosophy we wouldn't have kept Scooter Grubbs money."

He clapped his hands softly before grabbing Esperanza's and pulling her with him. "Who's with me? Let's get some beer!"

"I'll drink just this once." She said with a sigh. She leaned back against his arm that was wrapped around her waist and he lifted her off the floor slightly.

"It's like I'm carrying a little coffee table or something." JJ said while John B laughed. "A very light one."

"Nice save." Sarah giggled.

JJ and Esperanza walked out of the liquor store, each carrying a thing of beer. "Whoo." JJ said.

"You got it?" Esperanza asked him softly.

"Of course I do, pretty girl." He said to her. JJ whistled at the pouges while Esperanza held hers up and exclaimed excitedly. They got into the boat and JJ dropped his in John B's lap.