2.14 Regards, C. Limbrey

Elena nervously climbed into Alexanders window. She had put the test in her back pocket incase he wanted to see for himself. She didn't know how he would react or what to expect. They were only kids. He smiled at her when he seen her.

"Hey." He said going to kiss her cheek, though she quickly dodged out of the way. "Okay, what's up with you, Machado?"

"Don't be mad. Please, Alex you can't be mad." She said quietly as she reached into her back pocket and pulled out the test because she didn't know how to tell him. He took it and stared at it in shock. He was silent for about a minute which made Elena even more scared.

"Wow." He said finally. He looked up at Elena. "We'll figure it out, Ellie. I promise."

Esperanza trudged into her third period. The sound of shoes clicking made everyone look up at her. Esperanza glared at everyone who was looking at her. Some were giving her weird looks for her outfit.

"What? You wanna say something? Wanna know why I'm late or why I'm dressed like a walking funeral? It's because I just got back from one. I buried my mother today! And just so everyone knows my car broke down and I had to walk back from it. I have blisters on my feet from these stupid heels. So if you got something to say. Then say it. Otherwise mind your own damn business." Esperanza snapped at the class making everyone look away at out of fear. The pogues stared at her with dropped jaws as she sat down in front of JJ.

JJ watched her worriedly throughout the beginning of the class. Though she didn't look up from the test that was in front of her. Her bare leg was bouncing her leg up and down quickly until he leaned forward and put his hand on her back. Her leg froze and she turned her head slightly to look back at him.

She ignored the door opening until Mr. Sunn called out Pope's name. "Mr. Heyward, it's for you. He said. Pope stood up and walked out the class. "Back to the test everybody." Slowly he made his way over to Esperanza. "If you need to leave, just let me know and I can have you retake the test anytime."

She nodded at him. For a second JJ expected her to take the out, but she didn't."Thank you, Mr. Sunn. But I'm almost done." She just turned back to the test. Her head snapped back up again as Pope walked into the room in a panicked manner. Esperanza furrowed her brows. "Okay what the hell was that?" She asked quietly. Pope showed his three friends the enveloped. "Is that the wheat symbol?"

"Yeah." Pope nodded at her.

"What the fu-" JJ changed the course of his sentence when Mr. Sunn sent him a sharp look,"fu-fu-fudge?" He said in a confused voice before looking back at his test. Esperanza let out a exasperated breath at the blonde, but couldn't help the smile that was growing on her face.

Esperanza then stood up and walked over to Mr. Sunn and handed him her test. He looked over it briefly and looked up with a slight smile. "I'm not surprised that you were the first one done, Esperanza, I don't doubt that you did well either." He held out his hand for a high five which made her chuckle as she obliged.

"Thank you, Mr. Sunn." She said.

"And Esperanza. If you ever need to talk, I'm here." He said to her.

She sent him a soft smile before turning around and walking back to her seat.

Catalina however wasn't doing as well in her test. She was in a different class than the rest of them, math. She wanted to rip her hair out, she hated math. She looked around the class, nobody else seemed to have the same problem as she did. She sighed and began answering the questions at random. She was bored out of her mind. She could never do tests, just the thought of sitting down and still for so long. And math was the worse subject. She didn't understand her hatred for math, she loved science. She heard her phone buzzing in her pocket and carefully pulled it out.