2.15 Rock, Paper, Boarding School??

Elena stood in a panic. Jamille was smirking down at her, she had the power to ruin her sister's life. In 2 simple words. Jamille could choose to ruin Elena's life. Or she could use what she has to her own advantage. To get whatever she wanted.

"How long do you think you can be perfect? When do you think they're going to realize?" Jamille asked her sister. Elena glared at her.

"Don't you dare Jamille." Elena said bitterly.

"Don't she dare what? What is it she's done this time?" Constance asked suddenly appearing in the room with a laundry basket of clothes.

"Nothing, Mother." Elena said automatically. Constance looked suspicious, dropped the basket of clothes on the bed and left the room. She looked back at her younger sister and said,"If you say anything.. I will kill you." Elena snarled.

Esperanza and JJ waited for the rest of the Pouges to get back from asking their parents for permission to go, mainly because they didn't have parents to ask. Esperanza was washing the dishes while JJ was picking up the house. Then JJ would Rinse and she'd pick up the house.

Though the three were taking longer than expected so Esperanza also decided to pick up their room a little bit. Every now and then she'd walk passed the bathroom, and see the blood stain. She wouldn't stop and stare at it like she used to do. She just walked right passed it and didn't react at all.

Esperanza heard the sound of a truck pulling up into her drive way and looked out the window. JJ came behind her to look outside as well. Esperanza smiled brightly when she seen it was Pope and Catalina. She didn't wait for JJ, but immediately ran outside and got in the car.

"Finally!" she said.

JJ chuckled,"Calm down there, speedy." he said getting in right next to her. He wrapped his arm around her and she leaned into him before they left for Kiara's.

The four watched as Kiara fought with her parents. Catalina found herself slightly intrigued with the matter. "Oh shocker." Esperanza said.

"They're taking it really well." JJ said sarcastically. Pope hummed in false agreement. "How'd you get this rig? I know your old man didn't let you have it." JJ said to him.

"I undid the intake valves on the carburetor. Made it start pinging." Pope said which made Esperanza laugh softly.

JJ nodded in an understanding. "And now you're just gonna take it to your cousin Jeff's house. Just gonna get it fixed."

"Crash overnight." JJ, Esperanza and Pope all said at once.

Catalina looked at them in disgust. "Don't ever do that again. The hell. Saying shit at the same time like the fucking Olsen twins."

"Speaking of cars, I need someone to look at my jeep. And pick it up from the cemetery.."

JJ spoke, without turning his head to the other boy,"I think I'm rubbing off on you Pope. Lying to your old man, stealing his truck. Kinda sounds familiar. Gonna start dating a short mean Latina next." JJ said teasingly, looking over at Pope with a smirk before seeing the unamused look on the three of there faces. "All right. That's a sore subject. My bad."

"I'd say we have about 18 hours before he absolutely loses his shit. So as long as we get it back before then, I think we're good." Pope said. Esperanza nodded in agreement.

Bored, Esperanza and Pope began a game of rock, paper, scissors, JJ being the referee. Esperanza was in the lead, Pope kept going in an order, Paper, Scissors, Rock. So she went in a different order, Scissors, Rock, Paper. JJ was enjoying watching his wife beat one of his best friends.

"God P. You suck at this game." Esperanza said in a laugh. The two stopped once they heard screaming coming from Kiara's porch.

The attention was back on Kiara and her parents. "Oh my god! Boarding school? What are you talking about." Esperanza's mouth dropped, she couldn't understand anything her parents were saying, their words were overlapped. "I'm not going to boarding school. They're not my people." Esperanza and JJ got out of the truck.

The two smiled awkwardly. "It's good to see y'all, Mr. And Mrs. Carrera." JJ called out and waved.

"I love you both!" Esperanza called out stiffly because she didn't know what else to say.

Catalina stuck her head out of the window and smiled. "Hi!" she said excitedly, the two adults took aback at the sight of the kook.

Pope was next to address the parents. "Hi, Uh- ma'am, sir. I-I promise to have her back at a reasonable hour and safe."

"What are you doing?" Kiara asked Pope which made him look her.

"Kiara, listen to me. You wanna go, then you can go. But if you don't come back at the proper time, then don't come back at all!" Anna yelled.

"She's bluffing." JJ said which made Esperanza elbow him in the side as Kiara got in the truck. "Hey." JJ grabbed Esperanza's side and picked her up and shoved her playfully into the truck. "Y'all have a good day!" JJ waved one last time before getting into the car as well, Esperanza moved onto his lap to make room and Catalina sat in the back.

"This shit would be so much easier without parents." Kiara said, she didn't notice the weird expression wash across Esperanza's face, because it was gone as fast as it came. JJ however, didn't drop the look from his face. Kiara looked over and then realized. "Shit. Sorry Es."

"About what? The fact that both of your parents are alive and well and able to worry about you? Or the fact that they're not dead and you're not an orphan?". Esperanza asked. JJ and Pope both sucked in sharp breathes. Esperanza did the same, closed her eyes and sighed. Kiara was opening her mouth the explain herself but Esperanza beat her too it. "God I'm joking. Lighten up." She said to them. JJ knew she wasn't joking, but everyone else let the subject go. Pope gave out a short awkward chuckle out of pity. Kiara looked down at her lap, Esperanza looked over at her parents, rolled her eyes and looked out the window. "She's not wrong. Not counting Cat or Sarah, but out of the original five of us, you're the one with the best chance at getting out of her now since Pope lost his scholarship. No offense P."

"How could you say that?" Kiara asked her in disbelief.

"Say what? That you have a future? Or that your parents were right?" Esperanza asked snappingly. Kiara took aback slightly and paused. She didn't know how else to proceed because Esperanza was now glaring at the girl.

Pope, in attempt to keep the two best friends from arguing, turned on the radio, but was failed when there was only static. He glanced back at Catalina wanting help.

So then Catalina went into a detailed run through of her entire month. JJ was the one who seemed the most into the month summary, he didn't want them to argue either. Every now and then he'd say,"Wow, Es. Kie. Can you guys believe that." Esperanza crossed her arms and continued staring out the window.

Tension?

How do you guys feel about Esperanza and Kiara's disagreement in this chapter? I wanted to start small with it. First it starts off as Kiara complaining about her parents, Es saying something along the lines of "at least your parents are alive to care" Kiara attempting to apologize but Es plays it off as a joke. Then it'll get progressively worse. Don't hate me for it. It's only to spice it up, since I feel like the books a little boring. Everyone's used to reading the same stuff about Ward and Rafe. They always make Kiara the bad guy too but it's usually because Kiara likes JJ. Kiara however doesn't like JJ in this book, she just has two parents that are alive and Es gets a little Jealous, and it starts to strain their relationship. It will be better in book 3 which is called Sober!

I like naming these stories after songs. I wanted to do always and forever but i don't think that's a song name. Anyways the song sober is by Demi Lovato and I feel like Es can sort of relate to it.

I love you guys! Take care of yourselves!!!