2.24 Exhausted

Elena sat on her computer whenever Alexander walked into the room. "Where's Esperanza?"

"With those boys, John B and JJ." Elena said. "Next door, Big John offered to watch her so I can finish my schooling for the day." She said looking up at him.

Alexander smiled. "My wife. The real estate agent." he said which made her laugh. He wrapped his arms around her shoulder. "I am so proud of you." he promised.

Elena relaxed into his arms happily. "I'm proud of your, Officer Mendoza." She said.

The group was rushing out of Esperanza's house. JJ was the first to see the H.M.S Pogue pull up to the dock. He let out a breathe of relief. "Finally. Hey! Guys, don't tie up. Stop it!"

"What!" Kiara called back.

"We're dipping." JJ said as they rounded onto the dock post.

"Wait why?" Pope asked.

"Where the hell did you guys go last night?" Sasha asked as she threw her bag into the boat.

"We slept on the break, what's up?" Pope asked.

"Slept. Right." Catalina said as she got onto he boat.

Esperanza let out a bitter chuckle. "We were up all night."

"We got to get the hell out of here." John B said.

"The fuck out of dodge." Esperanza said, helping Sarah onto the boat. "Rafe knows we're here, so we have to leave, like, now." Esperanza said.

"Okay yeah." Kiara said.

As soon as everyone was in the boat, JJ began to drive off from Esperanza's house. He took the pogues to a clearing so they can rest and get their heads straight.

"Look, if Rafe and Barry know, it's only a matter of time." Kiara said.

"Before everyone knows." Esperanza finished.

"I told you. We should've gone south man." JJ said pacing back and fourth.

"Just stop it." John B said.

"Why does no one ever listen?" JJ said irritated.

"Can you shut up!" Esperanza said snappily. Everyone turned to look at her in shock. She held onto her head before looking up at him. "I'm sorry. You're ranting your pacing it's making me nauseous. And I'm really nauseous right now. I'm sorry." JJ just nodded at her.

"I have an idea." Sarah said. "With me back my dad's going to have to choose between me and Rafe."

Slowly everyone turned to look at her as if she was crazy. "Sarah, Sarah-"

"He's gonna choose me."

"Just please listen. Ward keeps lying to you, Sarah." John B said.

"He won't agree after all that's happened." Kiara said to her.

"No. I... I know that it sounds crazy." Sarah said.

"Yeah it does." Kiara said raising her voice.

"I know!" Sarah snapped. "But he's my dad. And I know him, and I know he loves me. I'm just asking for two hours."

"I think she's right." Esperanza said.

"Thank you!" Sarah said. Nobody else said anything as she stood up and walked away.

John B waited until she was passing. "Sarah." He said as he followed after her.

"Unbelievable." Kiara mumbled after Sarah drove off with the boat.