Robert

After I finished feeding Cleo, I did some other things around the zoo, including helping Wes feed the other snakes. We also went and started on feeding the crocs, but I had to leave as it was almost 3 and I still needed to head home for a quick shower before I had to go over to Ashley's to help set up.

We were walking to her house now, Bindi, Chandler, baby Grace, and me. Mum couldn't make it to help set up, she got busy caring for Hunter, our blind Sumatran tiger. But she swore she'd be there for the party.

As we were walking, I filled Bindi in on what was going on with Ashley and Jackson. Bindi knew about my feelings for Ashley. She helped me realise that's what it was a few years ago when I was extremely jealous and hurt when Ashley got a boyfriend.

"Oh, Robert, I'm really sorry," she said, patting my shoulder, "but I know Ashley likes you too. Maybe she's denying it or worrying about ruining the friendship between you two. I know she'll turn around, just be there for her."

I appreciated Bindi. She was the best sister I could ask for, always there to listen when I need and say something of use or give me some good advice. It was nice to have a girl to talk to about my girl problems and give me advice from a girl's perspective. Plus Bindi always helped me pick out gifts and such, especially for Ashley. She also knew Ashley real well, which helps me out a bunch.

"Yeah, I think Ashley does like you. She just might not know what to think of those feelings just yet. It was like that for Bindi and me at first," Chandler popped up. He was carrying baby Grace, she loved adventures with her dad and going everywhere around the zoo with Bindi.

We approached Ashley's house, letting ourselves in through the back door. Laurie was setting trays of veggies, cheese, hamburger buns, and condiments on the counter.

"Hey! How ya going?" I asked, grabbing her attention.

She came to me for a hug. "Good, and you too? Bindi you look as beautiful as ever! Robert and Chandler, don't you look nice!"

I looked down, I wasn't wearing anything too fancy. This was just like a family dinner for me. I had on a white button-up and some blue jeans. Bindi wore a tan dress, Chandler a plain shirt and jeans.

Laurie embraced all of us in hugs and finished up with pinching Grace's cheeks.

"Okay, Ashley should be down any minute now. Bindi, I just need your help slicing the tomatoes, lettuce, and cheese. Boys, if you could move the table outside, and then go in the hall closet and get the extra piece for the table and insert it. There's also some foldable chairs in that closet as well," Laurie instructed us, taking Grace from the baby pouch Chandler was carrying it in, he went and tossed it on the couch.

Chandler and I nodded, sliding the back door open and each grabbing one end of the table. Thankfully the table was easy enough to move outside. Next, we went through the living room to the hall closet. Right before we turned down the hall, Ashley came down the stairs.

She looked beautiful in the sunflower dress. She was right, it was the perfect thing to go with the necklace I got her. She wore some simple black heels, and her brown curly hair was pulled back in a half ponytail. Only tiny amounts of makeup on her face.

Chandler noticed I was staring and nudged me. "Say something," he whispered.

"Ash, you look uhh...nice," I said and immediately could feel my face turning red.

She smiled, a slight blush appearing across her cheeks as well. "Well, you clean up nice too."

"Do you wanna help us grab the foldable chairs?"

"Oh is that what you're doing? Sure."

She came over, holding the closet door open while Chandler grabbed the insert for the table. I grabbed two of the foldable chairs and Ashley grabbed the other two.