Robert

I watched Ashley go up the stairs, not moving from my spot at the base of the steps until I heard the bathroom door close. 

I shook my head, trying to get the thoughts of her in the shower out of my head. I smiled to myself, I liked the way I caught her off guard and got her flustered. I just didn't want to mess this up, but sometimes it was a bit hard to tell how well I was doing based on her reactions

I sat down on the couch for a bit, scrolling through Instagram on my phone. I figured I should wait until closer to when Ashley was done with her shower to preheat the oven, that way I could get a quick shower in while it cooked. 

As I sat there waiting for the time to pass, I kept thinking of the kiss we just shared, and how I caught her off guard by kissing her like that. I loved that little moment, and I loved the way we stood there for a minute afterwards, my breath on her neck, my hand on her hip, and her practically shaking with desire under me.

I knew she didn't want to rush things, and I definitely didn't either. But as I went to the kitchen to preheat the oven and put the frozen pizza in, I couldn't help but wonder what her skin felt like, how the contours of her body felt pressed against mine. 

The oven beeping to signal that it was done preheating snapped me out of my thoughts and made me jump. I put the pizza in and set a timer on the oven. I pulled out my phone and leaned against the counter, scrolling through social media while I waited.

I heard the front door open and realised it was just Mum coming home. 

"Kids?" She called by the front door, and I could hear her taking her shoes off and setting her bag down on the end table by the door. 

I could also hear Grace babbling excitedly.

"Ashley's in the shower," I said, walking out of the kitchen. 

"Pizza's in the oven. It is a large pizza if you and Chandler want some," I offered to Bindi. 

She looked over at Chandler, and I could tell she was trying to see what he thought. 

"No, my parents are still back at our place,"  Chandler said, "Grace just wanted to say goodnight on our way home. We gotta get her fed and ready for bed."

"Well, Ashley should be down any minute," I said. 

"Oh, are you guys doing the Lego set tonight?" Bindi asked, looking at the large box on the coffee table. 

"Yeah, that's the plan. I hope it's not too hard, it's a lot of pieces."

"Well you'll have to send us photos of it," Bindi replied. 

"Ashy!" I heard Grace say and realised Ashley must've come back down after showering. 

"Hey Grace," Ashley said back to her. "You going home?"

I walked back into the living room and leaned against the door frame to the kitchen. I looked at Ashley crouching down to talk to Grace. She saw me out of the corner of her eye and turned slightly to look at me and smile.

"Yeah, it's time for maybe a light dinner for her and then bath and bed," Bindi said, also looking down at the two of them.

"Well, goodnight. Sleep tight, Grace," Ashley said, going to give Grace a hug.

Grace hugged her back and I could see her little smile. I liked watching Ashley with Grace, she was gentle and patient with her. I liked that Grace liked Ashley and being around her, it warmed my heart. It was one of those things that was important to me- the girl I wanted to be with getting along with my family.

Ashley stood back up and hugged Bindi. We exchanged goodbyes with Bindi, Chandler, and Grace, leaving just Ashley and me with my mum. 

"Okay, so I just put the pizza in the oven, but I'm going to take a quick shower," I announced to Ashley and Mum.