Ashley

It was now Monday, and I was sitting in the shower getting ready to go to my follow-up doctor appointment. I was nervous, I wanted my stitches to be healed enough to take this stupid boot off and go swimming again. I couldn't wait to get back to my normal life.

I got out of the shower and got ready, slipping on a blue floral patterned blouse, blue jeans, blue flats, and some blue floral earrings to match. I put some curl enhancing cream in my hair and brushed it. I hobbled over to my bed and sat down to put the boot on. Grabbing my phone, I went downstairs to the kitchen.

I was in a good mood, things have been good between Robert and me, and we're always staying up late texting. We've just been waiting for what the doctor says about getting my stitches wet or not to plan our first date.

"Good morning, love," Mum said as she scooped smoothie mix out of the blender into some bowls for her and me, and a slightly larger dish.

"Morning, whatcha making?" I asked, coming over and hugging her.

"Pouring us some smoothie bowls and I made some extra that I figured we could take to the Wildlife Hospital for the Irwins and anyone else who might want some," she explained.

"Ooh! That sounds wonderful! Do we have mixed fruit as well?"

"Yep! There's a tray in the fridge. Go ahead and pull it out and we'll eat, then pack the rest up for them."

I reached into the fridge pulling out a platter of sliced kiwi, mango, dragonfruit, and berries. Setting it down on the counter, I uncovered it and carefully grabbed some of the fruit and added it to my smoothie bowl, along with some granola and toasted coconut flakes my mum already had out.

Mum and I ate our smoothie bowls, packed up the rest of the smoothie and fruit and got into her car to go to my appointment, stopping by the zoo first.

"I can bring it in myself, mum," I said once we pulled into the zoo parking lot, by the back entrance to the Wildlife Hospital.

"Okay, well set it here while you're getting out," She suggested.

I got out of the car first and then grabbed the dishes of food, in order to make sure I didn't drop anything if I was holding it while I got out. I walked to the Wildlife Hospital entrance, where coincidentally Robert was also headed to.

"Oh, hey!" He said, noticing me from the other side of the building.

"Hey!" I replied, smiling at him. His blue eyes made my heart flutter every time he looked at me, the splash of freckles seemed more prominent on his face than usual, and I figured he had just been getting more sun lately.

"Whatcha got there?" He asked as we both stopped in front of the door.

"Oh, my mum made some smoothie mix and sliced some fruits for a healthy snack for everyone," I explained, looking down at the dishes in my hands.

"Oh, sweet as! Let me get the door for you!" He offered, smiling.

"Oh, could you? I didn't think about that part yet."

"M'lady," he jokingly said as he opened the door for me, causing me to blush.

Robert followed me down the hall and to the break room, where he opened the refrigerator for me to slide the trays in there. Closing the fridge, I turned around to be inches away from Robert's face.

"Uhm...Hi," I said awkwardly, my cheeks heating up. I mentally slapped myself. We were this close together and all I could say was hi?

Robert pushed a strand of hair behind my ear. "Hey beautiful," he said.