Ashley

Robert drove me back home, music playing quietly in his car. I didn't feel much like talking. I still felt so betrayed by Jackson. I just wanted to lay in bed for a few days and watch sappy movies, which is great seeing as I couldn't work for the next few days anyway.

We reached my house, and Robert helped me up the stairs and into bed. 

"Can you bring my sketchbook, pencils, and iPad over here?" I asked motioning to the nightstand by my bed.

"No problem!" Robert said happily, gathering the few things I requested plus my water bottle.  "I'll go get you some water." 

I nodded my head, smiling. I'm so glad I had someone to be there for me and help take care of me, and I wasn't too much of a burden to my mum. 

Robert returned with my water bottle filled and carefully took off the boot, set it next to the bed, and elevated my foot on a rather rotund stuffed animal I had. 

He brushed the hair out of my face. "What do you reckon? You comfortable enough?" He said, smiling. 

"Yes, thank you so much. For everything, taking me to the hospital, staying with me, and bringing me back home," I said. 

"Of course! Try to get some rest, I know those hospital beds aren't too comfortable. Text me if you need anything, okay?"

"I will Robbie, thank you. You try to get some rest too," I replied, reaching up to hug him before he walked out. 

I was glad for him being here, but he seemed a little more..touchy than normal. And anytime he moved the hair out of my face or touched me, I got butterflies immediately. Maybe it was a good thing Jackson and I didn't work out I could figure out if my feelings for Robert were genuine, or if I just desperately wanted to be with someone. 

And I know how stupid that sounds and how young I am. But I've never fit in anywhere or had many friends my age or anything, I mostly fit in among the animals and felt the most at home at the zoo. But I wanted to feel important, wanted, and needed by more than just the animals.

I turned on my television, putting on The Longest Ride, which was some cheesy Nicholas Sparks movie. I then grabbed my sketchbook and started drawing some sea animals- fish, sharks, whales, and more. 

Once I had enough of drawing, I laid on my side and curled up with my fuzzy blankets, getting comfortable in a little cocoon. I carefully moved my leg and adjusted myself so it would still be elevated. 

Once the movie ended, I was crying softly. Oh, I longed for a relationship that would last, for someone to genuinely love me. 

I turned on another movie, feeling more and more depressed. Suddenly there was a knock at my door, and my mum came in bringing me some soup. I ate enough to keep down my antibiotics and left the bowl on my nightstand, I didn't feel too much like eating. 

My phone went off a few times, but I didn't feel like answering it, no matter who it was. I just wanted to be alone for a few days, to give my heart and mind some time to heal, and my leg too of course. 

After several movies, I fell asleep.

I sat out on the water, my legs dangling off the edge of the surfboard. Robert sat next to me on his, watching the sunset paint the sky. Suddenly, I was pulled underwater and thrashing around. I couldn't see the shape of Robert on the surface anymore, and I was slowly pulled into the deep abyss of the ocean.

I jerked awake, sitting up. My heart was pounding and tears were threatening to flood out of my eyes like a pipe about to burst. My chest tightened and I could feel a panic attack coming. Pain went through my leg due to the position I was in, so I adjusted it and got more comfortable.