6

Although the incident that had happened the other night had been traumatic, it was very informative.

So, when Sherlock came out of the shower, he began to load up his computer while getting dressed.

As he pulled his trousers on, it began to dawn on him that, in fact, him and John Watson had almost had a near kiss.

And he wanted it.

Sherlock frowned at this thought.

Sure he loved John, he had said it, but...

He.. he wanted to kiss John.

He understood this whole kissing thing, from research. Sometimes kissing was lustful-last night- or kissing was passionate and loving...

He assumed he wanted John in a passionate way.. or both.

Both was good.

Sherlock's mind began to unfold. He fell into it without evening realizing he had begun to wonder what it would be like.

Him, that is, being pinned against the wall, but instead of Nick...

oh

That sent shivers down Sherlock's spine, his heart beating rapidly at the thought.

But.... what if he doesn't reciprocate?

Sherlock frowned at that thought too, before suddenly an idea exploded in his mind, and he grinned wildly.

-

John saw Sherlock walk into the living room and plop himself onto the couch as he typed away on his laptop.

Watson kept glancing up at him, and swallowing.

Does he know? Does he even remember?! We almost kissed, for God's sake!

But the detective showed no sign of acknowledgement at the mornings events, so he carried on as if it didn't happen, and ignored his now suddenly expanding feelings for his flatmate.

There was comfortable silence between the two men, before said flatmate spoke up.

"So.. John.. re.. remember the other day when you..." At being addressed, he looked up to see Sherlock glancing around a bit.

He sniffed.

"When you said that you would...em.... think... about, you know-"

"Yes." John breathed out, trying to keep the heat from crawling up his neck.

"Well.. did you.. think... about it?" Sherlock asked, and John stared at him.

Yes.

Well.. in a sense, yes.

"Um... I don;'t quiet.. understand what you're asking me, Sherlock." He responded dubiously, and the man in front of him sighed.

"Did you consider participating." He elaborated.

Ah.

There's a difference on having thought about participating in an experiment, than actually kissing him...

Ha.

"Mmm... yes, you could say so." John shrugged. At that, Sherlock chewed his lip.

There was another long silence, before he spoke again.

"I need notes," Sherlock explained.

"No."

Well.. idea scraped instantly. Rude.

"John," "Sherlock, I-" John stopped his sentence when he saw that Sherlock had sat up, and looked at him pleadingly.

The blogger bit his lip, before uttering the infamous words.

"Fine."

And so the experiment commenced.