13

:)))))))

:)))))))

-

Johns been disgustingly out of character in the last couple chapters. Time to put back in my lovely Watson

"John!"

He flew up, and into someone's arms.

"Woah, hey Sherlock..."

He clutched...

John?

Sherlock pulled away and looked up into the darkness, barely making out the figure that seemed to be John Watson.

"Hey, are you okay? You-you fell and hit your head. I tried to wake you, but-what... what's wrong?"

The younger man blinked at him, and curled up.

"Sherlock?"

Sherlock turned away, and blinked at the dark room, trying to make out the rest of it. He swallowed, got up, and then out of John's arms.

"I'm.. I'm sorry. I... I need to.."

The detective quickly turned away and made his way to the bathroom. Watson sat up, tilting his head in confusion.

"Hey-Sherlock!"

Sherlock clutched himself as he navigated through the dark apartment and to the bathroom. When he reached it, he closed the door, and locked the knob. John knocked on it just moments after.

"What is it? What's wrong?"

"I don't want to do the experiment anymore."

Holmes could hear Watson's breath hitch, before falling silent.

"...oh.."

Sherlock felt a tear fall from his eye, and he wiped it away quickly.

"I'm... I'm fine. Go away."

The blogger sighed.

"Please tell me whats the matter,"

"No!"

"Sherlock-"

"You'll think I'm a sensitive baby! You'll... you'll think less of me..." He mumbled. John was quiet, contemplating his next move to the situation, before deciding to try and lighten the mood. He smirked and added a playful tone to Sherlock's dismay as he spoke.

"Me? Think less of Sherlock Holmes?! How dare I!"

He smiled at bit at his own banter, though it eventually faltered as there was no response from the other end. He caved into the sour mood.

"I promise I wont. Please..."

There was a flash of lightening, and Sherlock curled close to the door, a whimper escaping him.

"Sherlock, I'm not an idiot. I know you don't like lightening and aren't fond of the dark. Please, open the door."

The detective sat there for several minutes, debating quietly to himself, before eventually getting up and opening the door to see the outline of a smiling John Watson, hair and clothes still wet from the rain.

-

They first waited for the lights to come on, and once they did, Sherlock started to tell him about the dream he had.

Holmes didn't tell him the full truth, of course. They sat down at the kitchen table and he told him that they had been doing the experiment and it 'got out of hand'.

John listened to every word, and when Sherlock finished, the older man sighed.

"Sherlock... I... I would never do anything to hurt you like that. I promise. You're too important to me. I understand if you don't want to continue with... the.. em-" "Experiment?" "Yeah..."

Sherlock looked at his hands, fiddling with them silently. John placed a hand on his arm awkwardly.

"We don't have to do it anymore..."

Holmes just looked away, and then glanced at Watson's hands before taking a deep breath.

"John... you're right" He said suddenly, breaking the silence. An expectant, curious look flickered across the doctor's expression. Sherlock continued, "... we...we did only get one kiss in today." 

"Oh...ya..." John flushed, starting to remember what had happened earlier. That was going to make him cringe for a long while.

There was a silence, before Sherlock looked up at him.

"How about a swift one. 5 seconds."

He blinked at him, before nodding a little.

Sherlock sat up and John got up from his chair, approaching him. After walking around the kitchen table, he stepped up to his detective and into his personal space.

Sherlock glanced down at him, and John licked his lips, before getting on his toes and pressing his lips gently to Sherlock's.

The detective felt himself melt a little, and he kissed back hesitantly, slowly putting his arms on John's shoulders.

John, not really knowing what to do with his hands, just placed them lightly on Sherlock's waist.

The kiss was maybe a bit longer than 5 seconds.

As he pulled away, Watson kept his eyes closed, and Holmes looked down at him.

"John..."

"Yes?" John breathed, looking up at Sherlock.

He swallowed, suddenly remembering what had happened before the lights had flickered out.

What did John mean?

The older man looked curiously up at him, and Sherlock quickly looked away, blushing.

"Um..."

What was he supposed to say? He wasn't good with these things...

So, Sherlock decided not to press the topic. At least for now.

Instead he kissed him again, and John froze up in response. 

"Sorry." Sherlock gulped in some air after pulling away quickly, flustered.

"There wasn't enough... data collected..." Sherlock spoke, covering up the fact that that wasn't the reason he stopped. Not even close.

John swallowed, before realizing his hands were still at Sherlock's waist. He pulled away, and so did the detective. The older man straightened up a bit.

"Well... goodnight, Sherlock. Let me know if you have any of those dreams. We can stop, if you need to-" "It's fine John,"

They exchanged a nod, and then Sherlock turned away.

"Goodnight John,"

John watched as the detective walked into his bedroom. Once the lithe man was out of sight, the blogger sighed, feeling the taste of Sherlock's lips once more. Making his way to the steps to his bedroom, John forgot about Mary completely.