19

John froze, looking at  with wide and confused eyes. "You're... You're in... Love with me?" He asked breathlessly. Sherlock looked down at him, before his grip slowly loosened, and he sunk down into John's arms.

"Yes." Sherlock croaked, and John froze.

"I... I wish I wasn't and I'm sorry, I don't understand and maybe it's because I kissed you or I think I've always loved you and didn't know It, and when you went missing I was so worried and I-" "Sherlock, hey, hey, relax." John said soothingly. The brunette pulled away from John, crawling off of him and curling into the crevice of the couch, holding one of the pillows close to his chest, and burying his forehead in it.

"I... I love you too, you dumbarse." John said, leaning over and pressing his lips to his forehead. Sherlock froze, slowly looking up from his pillow, and seeing as John looked at him with a soft smile.

"I always have, but maybe for now we can just-"
"John, you... you aren't allowed to love me, I don't deserve you. You're supposed to love Mary, what are you-"
"Sherlock, for a detective, you're really stupid." John said, a smooth smile on his face. Sherlock looked at John in confusion before he felt John's hand curl and fuse with his.

"I don't like Mary. At all. Now come here."

The detective slowly moved and crawled into John's lap, burying his face in the crook of his neck. John held him, and they laid there for several minutes, before Sherlock looked up at him.

"Hey, John."

John hummed and Sherlock pressed a kiss to his lips softly, before pulling away. "I... I think I came to a conclusion on my Analysis." He said, his breath falling on his lips. John blinked, before remembering that all of this was because Sherlock wanted to know why people kissed.

All because of an experiment.

"And what is that?" John mumbled, and Sherlock smiled.

"You need John Watson's lips to feel loved."

I did it.

My first book is finished. And it's such a relief.

I know this ending might be a let down. I could write more. Hell, I could write so much more, but this story was intended to be a love story. I could plan on writing about who the people were who took John, or what Mary had said, but I think... I think this is fine. A plain ending to a book I started a while ago that I never thought I would finish.

Thank you for being patient, even if this ending is a little boring or anti-climatic. Thank you for believing in me. I told you I would try, even if I wasn't going to finish this in the time I promised.

And if you're reading this right now before this story was being updated than I hope you enjoyed the book. I don't know how consistent it was, given the time I was writing it, but I hope this ending payed off for it.

Again, thank you so much for reading and voting and commenting. I know there were probably tons of errors in this book, and I'll gladly go fix them, but for now I need to rest. I feel a burden off my shoulders - and not that the story was a burden, but the empty promises I was giving you guys about this story made me feel guilty. Wrong, and a liar, and I hate lying.

Anyways, it's done, just like I said. Thanks for sticking with me. - Noms.