2

Sherlock breathed deeply as he aimed at the dot on the paper and shot the gun he had held in his hands. 

The pistol pushed back against his hand a little, the trigger jolting, his arm flexing as he sent another loud bullet through the tiny canon, each loud fire ringing in his ears, sending his blood pumping, and beats of adrenaline pushing its way through his veins, making his heart pick up pace.

He imagined kissing someone, and although he hadn't ever really done anything like it before, he had seen how it was done. 

He tried to imagine a pair of lips on his as he fired again, and his heart suddenly busted at the wild thought of being kissed by someone, and he even felt his lips tingle in interest at his thoughts.

He shot one last time, before the magazine had been completely used.

He breathed deeply and sighed before licking his lips, taking down his heart rate and his beats per minute, and how it had escalated between gun shots and fires.

He examined the notes he had taken before closing the pad, placing the pen in the loops, and leaving the firing range. Taking another deep breath, Sherlock sent a text to Molly.

***

John sighed as woke up that morning, slowly walking down the steps of the stairs and into the living room he had shared with his flatmate.

Who wasn't there.

This made Watson frown, but shrug casually, not really bothered by his flatmates absence. He went to the pantry and pulled out a couple slices of bread to pop them into the toaster to make some breakfast

After pushing the bread down, he walked over to the fridge. Ignoring the sticky note on top of the bag of fingers that said "Do not touch", he grabbed the eggs off to the side. He headed to the stove, and began to prepare his meal.

***

As Sherlock pulled away, he took a deep breath. Molly stood there, eyes wide, heart beating wildly, wanting to go after him and kiss him more and more.

Sherlock bit his lips and sighed, rubbing his face before he then pulled out his note pad, taking a couple more notes down. As he finished up, he took a glance at an anxious, expectant Molly. He raised an eyebrow in return.

"Molly?" He asked, continuing to write down notes, as Molly struggled to speak coherent words. Sherlock wrote down a sentence and bubbled it as important, and then wrote a couple other things.

"I- Sherlock, I um- Why did you kiss me?" She asked, and he rolled his eyes, not looking up from the paper. "Because, I told you Molly, I need to get more data on this kissing stuff. In any case, you should be proud that you're my first subject," Sherlock smiled, however it wasn't genuine, and he clicked the pen, closing it, and sidling it up inside the loop of the notepad.

"I'm.. your first kiss?" She spoke, and Sherlock nodded, taking a deep breath.

"But, why me?" She mumbled, and Sherlock shrugged. "Because, John said that if I needed to kiss someone, it had to mean something to have an effect," He spoke, and Molly's eyes widened.

"Sherlock," She whispered, and the detective raised an eyebrow.

"But.. I don't understand," Sherlock sighed, setting the notebooks down, before turning away from Molly, who was frowning at his back.

"They said that it had the same affect." Sherlock rubbed his face. 

"What did?" Molly asked, and Sherlock turned to look at her.

"I um..." Sherlock gave her a sad expression. 

"Maybe I didn't do it right." He mumbled, and Molly raised an eyebrow,  quickly ducking from Sherlock's lips, which had tried to claim hers.

"Sherlock!" She squeaked, and Sherlock jumped, to look at her. 

"What?" He asked, and she frowned at him.

"You cant just go kissing people." She mumbled, and Sherlock groaned in annoyance.

"That's what John said," He rolled his eyes, gesticulating as he spoke. "He said that 'Kissing was supposed to mean something,' and 'You're supposed to kiss the people you love.'" He mimicked, and Molly almost choked.

"You.. you mean.." She whispered, and Sherlock looked at her blankly. 

"That you love me, yes Molly." Sherlock spoke, then turned around and began to pace, ruffling his curls a little, not noticing Molly's face fall as her heart started to shatter.

"Oh," She said sadly, and the detective, in response, turned to look at her.

"Sherlock, I think.. I think the reason why it didn't work, was because..." She mumbled. Holmes looked at her expectantly, and watched as her face crumbled further, a drained sigh escaping her lips.

"Because you don't love me back Sherlock. You need to kiss someone you love." She said glumly. The detective whined.

"But Molly! I don't know-" "Then find them." She said, turning around sadly.

Sherlock huffed impatiently, running over the information he had in his head, before coming up with a new idea, and quickly grabbing Molly by the shoulders.

"Molly, I just need you to pucker up, I have an-" "Get out Sherlock," Her voice echoed through the floor, her head bowed.

Sherlock raised an eyebrow before he saw her slowly crumbling face full off tears and rage lift to meet his gaze.

"Get out!" She yelled, and Sherlock jumped.

"Cant you see you're hurting me!" She yelled again. Sherlock began scurrying away, confused and bewildered as to why Molly was upset.

After escaping the confined of the morgue, Sherlock shook himself out of his confusion, and then carried on home, ready to tell John about his collected data.

***

"Sherlock," John sighed, pinching the skin between his eyebrows.

He repeated his name in disappointment. The detective felt a pit of guilt well in his stomach.

"Was... what I did.. a bit.. not good?" He mumbled. John looked up at him and sighed.

"Yes, Sherlock. Not good at all. Don't you understand? She loves you Sherlock, and you broke her heart. Poor thing," He mumbled, before rubbing his face, and turning around. The detective shifted on his feet uncomfortably, shame filling his every hole until John would forgive him.

"How was I supposed to know John-" "I told you not to, you idiot, but you wouldn't listen to me!" John suddenly raised his voice. Sherlock flinched back, hurt fluttering over his expression. 

John's anger filtered away just as quickly as it had appeared, and he sighed once more, rubbing his hands over his face.

"Look, just don't go kissing people. In fact you should stop this whole thing now-" "But John, I want to find out why people kiss. Why it's so pleasing to do, and how they do it. I'm curious, and obviously you wont explain it to me."

John rolled his eyes. 

"Well, you wont know until YOU kiss someone YOU love!" John barked, and Sherlock huffed. 

A silence settled over the two briefly, and John, who knew when a conversation was over, prepared to make his exit, when suddenly Sherlock Holmes, the great mind of today's world, opened his stupid mouth once again.

"How about I kiss you?"