The First Struggle.

LUCA:

As I walked outside the front door of the school I took a nice breath.

Today was...okay.

In the meantime while I waited for alberto and Giulia I sit on a bench under a tree.

That is until something small and hard hits the back of my head, making me stand up and look around.

"What the hell was th-"

Matthew. I should've known.

"Hey there luca, here's my homework.", Matthew says throwing it at my feet. "Meet me in the bathroom tomorrow morning, so I'm not seen by you.", he says laughing as he walks away.

As he walks away I watch as alberto comes out of the school.

I freeze in horror and alberto and Matthew high-five.

No...no...

There's no way their....friends?

I couldn't watch so I took off in a run. I could hear alberto yell my name.

As I ran i could hear the sounds of waves crashing. So I followed it to the beach about 2 mintues from the school.

I sat on the sand near the water and bring my knees to my forehead.

And cried.

ALBERTO: 

As I watched luca run off, i yelled for him. Whats wrong? Was he mad?

"What did I do...?", I said quietly.

"Dont mind that freak, hes just weird", Matthew says from behind me.

"What?", I say spinning around.

"Yeah, hes weird", he repeats.

"Thats my fucking boyfriend, hes not weird", I say turning around and running In the direction I last saw luca.

"Luca??!"

"Luca?!?!"

I kept yelling his name to no prevail. That is....

...until I saw him sitting on the beach with his head in his knees.

"Luca...?", I say touching his shoulder.

"go away alberto.", he says sternly.

"Luca what did I do wrong?!", I say, as I feel myself getting impatient.

"are you and Matthew friends...", luca asks.

"Yes..i think so...why?", I reply.

LUCA:

"THATS WHY IM UPSET, YOUR FRIEND'S WITH SOMEONE WHO HURTS ME.", I snap.

Alberto takes a couple seconds back. Tears welling up in his eyes.

"i...d-didn't kn-....", he doesn't finish his sentence. He just runs into the water and swims away so fast before I could even stand up.

he was right...

.....it wasn't his fault, he didn't know about Matthew. He didn't know he bullied me.

I just had to tell him about it later.

I got up and walked to Giulia's house. Where she was waiting in the kitchen.

"Dios Mio!!", she says. "Where have you been?! And where's alberto?"

"He's uh...out swimming.", I say, not making eye contact so she doesn't detect my lie.

"Mhm...anyways, we need to go to the administrative office so we can get our dorm numbers.", Giulia says.

"Dorm numbers?", I thought. I didnt ask about it. I just nodded and followed Giulia hoping I had the same room as alberto.

ALBERTO:

As I came up and over a hill running away from luca so we couldn't argue I bumped into someone falling on top of them.

He had black curly hair, and bluebell eyes, and he was muscular.

"Ehh, excuse me?", the boy says squirming under me.

"A-ahh, im sorry", I say getting up rubbing my eyes.

"Your alberto right?", the boy says putting his hand on his hip.

"Yes...wait. how did you kn-"

"Everyone's talking about you!", he says.

"Do I know you?", I ask.

"Oh uh...im luke.", he says shaking my hand. "Wanna come with me to the administration office to get our dorm numbers?", he asks turning around and walking, then stopping as if ill follow him.

"Y-yeah...sure!", I say catching up to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I got room 401!", I say showing Luke.

"No way. Me too!", he says showing me his card with the number 401 on it.

Just then I see unmistakable brown curly hair. Luca.

I grab Luke's hand and pull him out of the opposite door, farthest from luca.

"Hey what was that for?", he says.

"I saw uh...somebody im not....on good terms with...at the...moment", I say slowly.

"Mmm, I see. Shall we get to our dorm?", luke says.

"Y-yeah let's go."

As i walked to my dorm with Luke, I couldn't help but think about Luca. We just had our first struggle.