Back in Genova.

GIULIA:

I pace back and forth, thinking about my next move.

He hasn't moved yet, he's still causing chaos.

Ercole has caused our beaches, and ports to close due to the rising concerns.

He like the wind...or at least he moves like the wind.

He so fast in the ways he does this that, even I can't catch him on video.

I pace. My mom looks at me and sighs.

"Giulia...im sure there's nothing you can do..", she says quietly.

"Mom you don't understand, those are my friends! My friends that got chased away for God knows how long and who knows when I'll ever see them again, and-", I rant before being interrupted.

"GIULIA...enough, you cant do anything about this...let the authorities and investigators take care of-"

"MOM! SHUT UP!!", I snap.

She looks at me in surprised.

Anger rises over me, as I know whats fixing to come out of my mouth, and its not nice.

"STOP BEING SO SELFISH FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE. PEOPLE ARE GOING TO GET HURT OR EVEN WORSE...DIE! I DONT EVEN KNOW IF MY GODDAMN FRIENDS ARE ALIVE!"

My mom looks at me, stunned I just yelled at her.

"Your right..but its about our safety now", she says, surprising me by the selfish words that just came out of her mouth.

"you really don't get it.", I say scoffing.

I turn away and walk upstairs.

"Giulia? Where are you going?", my mom says following after me.

I ignore her stomping into my room and packing a duffel bag full of clothes.

I turn around to see her standing in the doorway, I just walk past her bumping her shoulder and walk downstairs into the kitchen.

I shove food into my bag.

"Giulia what are you doing.", my mom repeats.

I turn and look at her.

"Saving my friends."

I turn and walk to the front door.

"Goodbye mom."

************************************

I sat along the rocks that circled the beach, eyes puffy, head buried in my knees.

I had come to think about my own words.

"I dont even know if my own friends are alive!"

I burst into tears. I was scared, and alone...sitting in the dark along some rocks.

Just then I hear a rustling coming from behind a Boulder on the end of the row of rocks.

Then I see it.

A person dressed in a life-like sea monster suit, it was so elaborate and realistic, but I knew by taking a long good look at it that it was fake.

By thinking to much I missed the person running, because by the time I looked again they were running behind a corner building.

I paused, looking straight ahead.

2 days ago the latest attack was uptown...

And 2 days later, here I am sitting downtown along some rocks...

THATS IT.

I stood up and ran to my dorm, finally have figuring out the man's pattern.

He's striking downtown next, then 2 more days and then uptown.

I finally figured out how I am going find this guy.

I had to come up with a plan to single out one person, so the man's target spot to attack would be easier for him to pick out.

I smile thinking of my dad, Alberto, and Luca. I hope there doing just as well..

I run in front of a building. Before someone grabs my arm and pulls me into and alleyway.

"MMMPH!"

I weird smelling cloth to my face...and then black...