TCOPS 13: Too Young For Violence

CASSANDRA

Umalis na iyong si Keenai Gadbury. Si Shia naman ay nagdadalawang isip na tulungan nga ba ang Childe.

I stood beside her. She is still analyzing some tactics about the words and instructions that Keenai Gadbury lay out on her. If he stay true with his words, then it is wise to help him and get the bounty that Shia is thinking of getting from him. Second, the part he said that he will make Shia and the crew heroes, then Shia's people will receive better rewards aside from the bounty. Lastly, if everything are followed as planned, then I can ask the Childe to help me get rid of Shia's curse!

It is a win-win!

"Hey, Shia. I have—"

"This is insane! I will find the crew but I will not help him! Magdusa siya diyan!" Napanganga ako at hinila siya pabalik sa tabi ko. "Ano?!"

"Shia, tulungan mo siya!"

She pulled away and glower at me. "Why would I? He's an enemy. Our crew would get killed. You could get killed."

"But Shia! You need to help him!"

"I am not helping him! I did not say I would help him!"

I retorted in a bratty tone. "You did, Shia. You've asked how you could help. So it means you have plans on helping him!"

She blushed and stomped her boots on the wooden floor. "Bakit ko nga kasi tutulungan ang lalaking iyon?"

"Because you will need him!"

"Need him for what, child?"

"You and him are—"Napakagat ako sa ibabang labi ko upang mapigilan na sumbatan siya ng katotohanan sa maaaring relasyon ng dalawang ito.

Keenai and Shiamira are meant to be. Kaya kailangan na magkasama ang dalawang ito sa susunod na paglalakbay. Para na rin malaman ko ang katotohanan kung si Keenai rin ba ang tunay na susi para sumpa ni Shia. The last time I remember about Keenai is he was able to convinced Shia to protect him. After that they got close. They have small conversations based on the chronicle. And there were times they get caught in each others arms.

But when it was time for him to go back to his town something happened between their relationship. It was strange because the chronicle did not say it all. Ang meron lang ay bumaba ng barko si Keenai tapos sa sumunod na mga araw ay bumalik ng barko si Shia mag-isa. Telling the others that what they have known of Keenai Gadbury is nothing but hallucination.

"Child, I need him for what?" Tanong ulit sa akin ni Shiamira.

"Money. Bounty. Shia, mga bagay na pwede nating hilingin ay maibibigay niya."

"He will not do that, child. He is trouble. Look at us! Look at the ship!? Look at this shit!" She pointed at the dead man so I swat her hand.

"That's rude, Shia! The person is dead. Don't bad mouth him!"

"Right. It should be that good-for-nothing Childe who died in his position"

"SHIA!"

"Oh, child! Do you ever listen to a word he said?" She touted and twist on her heel. "You think he will stay loyal to his words? Ha! Pathetic! He will kill us all, the moment I let him go on with his plan and let him breathe." I stomp on her toes and she jump away. "Ouch! Cassiara!"

"Let him live! Help him! I know what he said is true!"

"I don't trust him."

"But I trust him!" I angrily answered back. I held my chin high and place my right hand on my chest. "He saved me twice, Shia. When I was eight at the market. And he saved me a while ago when that man pinned you down."