Ch. 30 - MAID OF GÉVAUDAN

Avalon's outfit:

                     Lacrosse uniform

Chapter Thirty
🌒 Maid Of Gévaudan 🌘

Stiles burst through the school doors, Avalon and Hayden, who are holding the gravely injured Liam, following behind him. The three pause for a brief moment when they hear the Beast roaring behind them making Stiles look at them in alarm.

"Come on." He said before leading them down the hall until he saw the biology class room. "Come on! In here!" He said throwing the door open, holding it open until they got in. Stiles quickly ran past them and pushing everything off of Ms. Finch's desk so they can lay Liam flat on his back on the top of it.

"Liam?" Hayden asked and Liam groaned slightly, "I'm okay! I'm fine." He said. Avalon pulled away some of Liam's shirt so they could look at the wounds, "Oh shit." Avalon muttered as she looked at Liam's torso which has been ripped to bloody shreds by the Beast's claws.

Avalon's eyes widened as she looked up at Hayden and Stiles. Hayden puts her hand over her mouth to muffle her alarm, and Stiles looks as though he's about to either faint or throw up. Liam sees the concern on their faces and tries to sit up to see for himself, only to fall backward weakly, "What? Is it bad?"

"No."
"Very."
"Yes." Hayden, Stiles and Avalon all said at the same time making Hayden gives Avalon and Stiles an exasperated look. "Okay. Okay. What do you guys usually do when this happens?" Hayden asked and Stiles sucked in a deep breath, "Oh, I usually pass out... And I think I still might do that..." Stiles said and Avalon lightly patted his face. "No, do not pass out." Avalon said and he nodded slightly.

"Okay, okay. Okay. Scott did this with pain. He could trigger it. Uh... pain makes you human." Stiles said and Hayden looked at him exasperatedly, "He's already in pain!" She said and he nodded. "Right! Okay, but maybe adding a little more could help take away the pain." Stiles said and then Liam sat up slightly with a painful groan.

"Take away his pain..." Hayden mumbled before quickly leaning forward and kissing Liam, and he seems calmed as black veins in travel from his face to hers. Stiles looks shocked and impressed while Avalon just cringed slightly as they eventually pull away, and Liam, now seemingly much more comfortable, lays back down on the desktop.

"Okay. Next time, I'll kiss him." Stiles muttered making Avalon and Hayden chuckle.

🌒

Avalon ran past the crowd of people until she saw Malia pinning a boy to the wall, "Look at me! Do you know where Avalon and Stiles are?" She asked and the boy shook his head fearfully.

"Malia!" Avalon called out making Malia spin around and sigh in relief when she saw her girlfriend running over to her, "Where's Stiles?" Malia asked. "With Liam and Hayden hiding in a classroom." She said and Malia nodded.

She pulled her phone out and started dialing a number as Avalon glanced around. "Braeden? It's me. I'm at the school, and we need you. Bring your shotgun. Bring all your shotguns." Malia said before hanging up making Avalon look at her, "You called Braeden?" She asked and Malia nodded while grabbing Avalon's hand.

"Good idea."

🌒

Scott groans and gently flips himself onto his side, but is struggling to find the strength to get up to his feet. He hears the Beast slowly stalking toward him, and turns his head so he can see him, frowning when he sees something in the shadows behind the Beast. It turns out to be Liam, who leaps into the air behind the Beast, causing Scott to scramble to get out of the way as Liam makes it to the Beast's head and uses both of his fists at once to punch him in the jaw.

Scott ducks on the stairs as Liam lands next to the staircase when the sound of a gun being cocked is heard just as Braeden appears and shoots round after round at the Beast from her shotgun. Malia and Malia rushes in behind her, Malia's eyes glowing bright blue while Avalon's glowed her golden yelled/fiery reddish-orange as Malia extends her fangs and roars at the Beast.

After the Beast is hit with at least a dozen shotgun rounds, it leaps through the wall of windows in the back of the library before it takes off. Avalon and Liam waste no time grabbing the extremely-injured Scott and gently helping him to his feet as Malia and Braeden walks up to them with an incredulous and exasperated look on her face.

"You didn't seriously think you two were gonna have a chance against that thing, did you?" Breaden asked and Scott shook his head.

"No. But, I got its scent."

🌒

Scott, who is still limping and covered in blood, seems to be on a mission as he rushes through the halls and out the side door of the school. Meanwhile, Avalon, who is completely fine and Liam, who is also covered in blood but seems to be more or less healed from his earlier injuries, follows after him and tries to stop him with a worried expression.

"Scott, wait!" Liam said but Scott ignores him pushing the side door open and heading toward the parking lot as he follows the Beast's scent. "Scott! You're hurt. You need to slow down!" Avalon called out but Scott just keeps on walking making Avalon and Liam look at each other and sigh before following.

The three quickly walk through the rows of cars in the parking lot, where Scott eventually stops behind a familiar shiny black car, which apparently is where the Beast's scent led him. Scott puts his hands on the trunk door and musters up all the remaining strength he has to open it despite it being locked.

Once its open, the three gape in shock when they see that the trunk has nothing but a pair of black Converse high-top sneakers sitting nearly inside. Scott, Avalon and Liam share a worried look before picking up the shoes, which have a liberal amount of blood smeared across the soles.

Scott looks at them anxiously, and their concern turns to horror when Scott shuts the trunk door and finds Mason standing beside the car, looking at them in confusion. "Scott? What are you doing to my car?" Mason asked and the three realize at the same time that Mason has been the Beast's vessel this whole time.

Liam looks absolutely devastated by this revelation while Avalon looks defeated and Scott simply looks numb as the three gape in shock and try to figure out what to say. Liam can't seem to believe his own senses, and Avalon sighed softly, "It's you..." She said in a slight whisper making Mason look at her confused.

"What? Liam, what's she talking about?" Mason asked but Liam doesn't say anything, his look of devastation only makes Mason more terrified, "Liam...?". Before anyone else can react further, Corey appears out of thin air, revealing that he has used his supernatural ability to camouflage himself until this point. He then rushes toward Mason and puts his hand on his shoulder, and Scott realizes what Corey is about to do a moment too late.

"Corey, wait!" Scott yelled but both Corey and Mason vanish as Corey turns them both invisible. Horrified, Scott, Avalon and Liam look at each other in alarm in an attempt to make sense of what has just happened.

♤♧♤♧♤
Author's Note:

So at some point, I want to write a TVD fanfic. I still need to finish the shows but I plan too (currently on season 5 of TVD and season 2 of TO).

It could be just be a TVD story where the OC date 1 or 2 people (maybe even 3) or it could start with TVD end as a TO fanfic.

Who do you guys want to be the love interest(s)?