┌ Ceiling Shenanigans ┘

Author's note: First of all, what is that title. I think I used some sort of prompt. Idk, this is a weird one, and it just kinda.. ends. I didn't know how to end it so yeah.

~~~~~~~~~~

"What are you doing?" Sam walked into the gym with Bucky rigged up to something on the ceiling. Next to him was Clint. Bucky suddenly looked nervous.

"Oh- hey Sam.." he said quickly. Sam frowned.

"What are you doing?" He repeated, crossing his arms. Bucky tugged on the climbing rope.

"Oh- nothing." Replied Bucky, glancing at Clint who gave him a thumbs up.

"Whatever this is, I don't think it's a good idea. It doesn't look safe." Said Sam, sounding genuinely concerned. Bucky turned back to him.

"Huh, I didn't know you cared. I'm touched, Wilson." He replied, putting a hand on his heart. Sam rolled his eyes.

"Whatever. If you die, I'll tell everyone all your secrets at your funeral." Sam said, stepping back. Bucky gaped at him.

"You wouldn't." He said, his tone daring. Sam smirked.

"Oh yeah? You really think I wouldn't?" Taunted Sam, grinning even more at the reaction it got from Bucky, who was now trying to un-attach himself from the rope to run after Sam. Suddenly, he started plummeting upwards. Sam quickly grabbed onto him. He wasn't really sure what he was trying to achieve, but it was a mistake nonetheless.

They were both now very high up, Bucky hanging from the rope on the ceiling, and Sam was clinging to him for dear life. Luckily Bucky was strong so he could hold Sam.

"Oh my goodness, Bucky!" Exclaimed Sam. Bucky held onto him tighter. He tried his hardest to focus on Sam, and not to look down. He had a fear of heights, to say the least. Sam seemed a bit more calm now. He was used to being in the air, obviously.

"How are we gonna get down?" Asked Bucky. Sam seemed to be thinking about it.

"I don't know, Buck." He replied with a sigh. He cupped his hands around his mouth.

"Clint! Can you get us down?!" He yelled down at him. Clint said nothing for a moment. Then he yelled up,

"Yeah! I gotta go get help!" He then ran off, out of the gym. Now Sam and Bucky were left hanging in the air, waiting for Clint. Bucky sighed uncomfortably, trying his best not to look down. A few moments later, after some awkward silence, Clint came back with Tony and Steve.

"What happened?!" Exclaimed Steve, very concerned to see his two best friends hanging from the ceiling.

"Bucky was rigged to the ceiling, and he started shooting upwards suddenly, and Sam grabbed onto him." Replied Clint.

"WHY WAS HE RIGGED UP TO THE CEILING?!?!" Shrieked Steve, his face becoming very pale.

"Can you get them down?" Clint asked Tony. Tony nodded.

"Be back in a sec, you calm down Steve." He said, running away. After five minutes of Steve freaking out, they started dropping downwards. Steve swore his heart stopped and he fell over.

"Oops!" Came Tony's voice, and they quickly stopped a little above the ground.

"Are you trying to kill us, Stark?!" Exclaimed Bucky, letting go of Sam. Clint rushed over and helped Bucky out of his harness.

"Sorry, Barnes!" Called Tony, running back into the room. Sam rolled his eyes.

"Can we go eat lunch now?" He asked, looking around at them all.

"Yes, I'm starving." Replied Tony, rushing out of the room with Clint running after him. Steve pulled Bucky and Sam into a tight, bone crushing hug.

"Oh I was so scared!" He wailed.
Sam gasped for air.

"..Yep- but- Steve- I- can't- breathe-" He spluttered. Steve quickly let go, and Sam was left to gasp air back into his lungs.

"Yeah, lunch sounds good right about now." Said Bucky, heading out of the room. Steve turned to Sam.

"So how was it being alone with your Prince Charming?" He asked, his tone becoming teasing. Sam groaned and walked past him, shaking his head. Steve ran after him, laughing.