┌ Unspoken Feelings ┘

please don't mind the weird tense changes in this, idk what the heck I was doing tbh 🤷 I'm a mess, ok?
''''''''''''''''''''''

It was turning out to be a very unordinary day for Sam.

Since everything went down with the Flagsmashers, life had been, for the most part, quiet. Aside from Sam's big speech and his accepting the role of Captain America, that was blowing up on almost every social media platform Sam could think of (which wasn't really that many).

Sam had been staying with Sarah for the time being, as he didn't want to go back to his lonely apartment in New York. That apartment reminded him of his old life, and upon becoming Captain America, he felt as though it were time for a change.
Him and Bucky felt closer than ever before. It was strange that they could have a conversation without it becoming awkward, or one of them insulting the other in some way.
Bucky was at the Wilson home more often than not, but Sam couldn't complain, he liked having him around. It was nice having the company of someone who had been through what he had. What with the snap, and now the flagsmashers, Bucky was by his side.

There were times when Sam just didn't know what to do with himself, he'd be so overtaken by grief and guilt in those moments, but Bucky would be there to comfort and help him through them. They would become even closer then, sharing stories about times when they didn't know one another. Bucky would share some stupid story about Steve from back in the wartime, and Sam would laugh, and in return, tell him one about Sarah and this one crush she had when she was thirteen. Sam was so grateful for Bucky. They were there for each other, they supported one another, and neither felt alone.

Yet even so, when they were sitting outside enjoying the late august sun, Bucky suddenly saying, "let's move into together," came as quite a shock. Sam had just stared straight ahead before shifting his gaze to where Bucky sat beside him, a drink in his hand. There was a soft smile and an expression of ease, and some playfulness, on Bucky's face, he seemed to smile a lot more often now, which delighted Sam to no end, especially when he was the one who made him smile.
Sam had laughed slightly, silently wondering if he was serious or not. When Bucky turned to look him in the eye, and the smile only grew, Sam's eyes widened when he realised he was serious.

He had not expected that.

So he had slowly replied with, "well.. where were you thinking?".
Bucky had shrugged, taking a sip of his drink.
"I don't really care, as long as I'm with you." he said, and Sam rolled his eyes.
"Stop with your corny shit, this ain't a rom com." chuckled Sam, and Bucky's smile widened. He exhaled contentedly, laying down on the grass, his eyes towards the sky.

"Isn't it?"

Sam almost choked on his drink.
"What?" he spluttered, coughing. He looked down at Bucky, whose expression had changed.
"Can't our life just be a romantic comedy film?," he sighed. "Everything would be so much less complicated."

Sam's heart had begun to beat loudly in his ears as Bucky met his eyes.

"Is.. is that really what you want?" said Sam, and Bucky would nod, and Sam would seize up, not knowing how to respond. They would sit in silence for some time, neither quite knowing what to say. It wasn't uncomfortable exactly, but there was some kind of tension between them, and unspoken feelings that weren't quite as unspoken now.