┌ Idk how to title this one ┘

Author's note: I might make a second part, we'll see. Please excuse the title, I didn't know how to title it.

~~~~~~~~~~

Sam awoke to arms around his waist and a body pressed against his back.

"Sam." Whispered Bucky, his voice slightly hoarse from sleeping. Sam grinned.

"You awake?" Bucky asked, whispering right in Sam's ear. Sam said nothing, closing his eyes and feigning sleep.

"Doll, you awake?" Bucky kissed his jaw and Sam turned his head.

"Yeah, I'm awake." Replied Sam, shifting round in Bucky's arms so that he was facing him. Bucky smiled, bringing him closer in a warm, comforting embrace. Their limbs tangled together, and their duvet strewn on the floor because it was too hot in summer. Especially with each other's body heat, and they just could not stay on their respective sides of the bed. Morning cuddles were a regular occurrence, they happened most days when Sam didn't go on a run. Bucky tried to use them as an excuse to stop Sam from leaving, and it worked most of the time. There was the sound of scratching and meowing at their bedroom door and Sam groaned, tightening his grip on Bucky.

"Let her be, she'll be fine for a few more minutes." He muttered, relaxed in Bucky's arms. Bucky resisted the urge to go tend to Alpine and closed his eyes again, snuggling closer to Sam. After laying for a few more minutes, there was the sound of something smashing and they both got up almost immediately. They left the bedroom and ran downstairs to find Alpine had knocked over the vase of flowers that Bucky had gotten for Sam for their anniversary. Sam sighed.

"She's such an attention seeker." He said, bending down and picking up the cat, who meowed happily now that she was in the arms of a human. Bucky stroked her head.

"Silly Alpine." He whispered, taking her from Sam. Sam shook his head and sighed again.

"Maybe we should just let her sleep in our room." He said, making his way over to the kitchen. Bucky gave Alpine some food and set her down. He made his way over to Sam in the kitchen, who was getting a pan out of the cupboard.

"Sooo.. we're not going back to bed?" He asked, hopping up onto the counter. Sam chuckled, continuing to prepare things for breakfast. He turned to face Bucky.

"Aw, does my little kitten want attention?" He cooed, getting a groan from Bucky.

"Not anymore you asshole." He said, pushing away Sam's hand as he tried to ruffle his hair. Sam laughed.

"Fine, whatever. Love you too." Said Sam with a shrug, cracking some eggs into the pan. Bucky rolled his eyes, smiling all the same. He sent a look at Alpine, who was drinking her water innocently. He loved her, but she did ruin their morning cuddles together, and Bucky liked to prolong getting up as much as he could. Which was a nice change from the nightmares and not even wanting to be in his bedroom. Having Sam with him helped, he knew that he was safe, and that he was loved, and the nightmares came far less frequently. He swung his legs against the counter, his gaze fixed on the floor.

"D'you want your egg turned over?" Asked Sam, making Bucky look up. Bucky blinked.

"I thought you knew that I like it turned over?" He said, tilting his head. Sam turned to him, an eyebrow raised, spatula in hand.

"You never give me a definitive answer when I ask." He replied. Bucky raised his eyebrows, then rolled his eyes.

"Well now you have one." He said, a slight smirk appearing on his face. Sam chuckled and turned back to the pan. He picked up the egg on the spatula and flipped it over. Bucky watched him silently, swinging his legs like a little child. The hunger was beginning to kick in now, so he was hoping Sam would be done soon.

~~~

They ate at the breakfast bar as usual. The dining table almost never got used, except for sometimes when they randomly decided to eat in there, or if it was a special occasion, or lots of people were coming for dinner. Sam was grateful that one of them knew how to cook, and he didn't quite trust Bucky with the kitchen. He wasn't that bad at cooking, but he could really use some practice. Sam should help him, it'd be better than watching him struggle, and then eventually burn the food anyway. Sam loved Bucky, but he did not love burnt food.

"Have we got any missions?" Asked Bucky, cutting up his egg. Sam thought about it for a moment, before remembering that they did.

"Oh, yeah actually." He said, glancing at the clock on the wall.

"We probably ought to go." Said Sam, getting up from his seat. He quickly kissed the top of Bucky's head before making for the stairs, and then disappearing up them. Bucky frowned. What kind of mission was it? Was it undercover? Sam hadn't told him, but he'd know when Sam came back downstairs, dressed. So he pushed his food aside and got up. He made sure Alpine had enough food and water, and he cleared up the plates from breakfast. The weather wasn't particularly nice today. It was cloudy and a bit drizzly, so Bucky was secretly hoping that their mission would be inside. Of course, he wouldn't mind really, it's a mission, they had to get it done. A few moments later, Sam came down dressed in a button up shirt, some black trousers, and a pair of sunglasses. Bucky raised an eyebrow.

"What's with the shades?" He asked, approaching Sam and giving him a good look over. He looked really good though, Bucky couldn't deny that.

"It's not even sunny outside." Teased Bucky, putting his hands on Sam's hips. Sam rolled his eyes.

"Thank you, captain obvious." He said jokingly.

"They're for, y'know, style." Said Sam with a shrug, pulling on his jacket. Bucky snorted.

"Since when are you one for fashion, Wilson?" Bucky teased, leaning closer to him. He couldn't see his eyes, since Sam's sunglasses were the type that reflected everything, so they were basically two tiny mirrors.

"Oh shove off, I also don't particularly want everyone to know who I am." Said Sam, removing himself from Bucky's arms and making for the front door.

"What, and you think that sunglasses are gonna conceal your identity?" Said Bucky, still amused by it all. Sam shot him a look. He began gathering the things they needed for the mission from the cupboard by the front door. Communication ear pieces, etc. Sam looked over at Bucky again, to see him just standing in the middle of the room. He raised an eyebrow.

"You gonna go get dressed?" Asked Sam. Bucky blinked.

"Oh yeah, I should probably do that." He said, making his way over to Sam again. He leant forward and kissed him quickly before leaving upstairs to go get ready for the mission.