┌ All I've Ever Known ┘

Author's note: I'm lazy, have another song one. Ugh, inspiration is really not coming to me at the moment.

~~~~~~~~~~

Sam took Bucky's hands, having to focus to see his expressions in the lowlight. There was a pause before Bucky spoke.

"I've been alone so long, I didn't even know that I was.. lonely." It was so quiet, a mere whisper, but Sam heard it. His heart broke at those words, desperately wanting to give this poor boy a home, to make him feel safe, and loved. Bucky's gaze flitted around, and then he looked back to Sam.

"Out in the cold so long, I didn't even know that I was cold." He said, and Sam noticed just how cold his hands really were. How had he ever lived before he met Bucky? How had Bucky survived on his own?

"Turn my collar to the wind," Bucky let go of Sam's hand and turned, looking out over the wasteland that used to be green fields, with birds singing, and beautiful clear rivers and streams.

"This is how it's always been." Bucky turned back to Sam, who was watching him with love in his eyes.

"All I've ever known is how to hold my own." Bucky said, his voice still quiet. He came closer to Sam again, taking his hands in his own.

"All I've ever known is how to hold my own." He whispered, more to himself than anything, but Sam was still listening.

"But.. now I wanna hold you too." He said, meeting Sam's gaze. He couldn't help the small smile that came upon him, Sam made him happy.

"I don't know how or why, or who am I that I should get to hold you?" Said Sam, almost suddenly. He felt doubt, that he was even worthy to be with someone like Bucky.

"But when I saw you all alone against the skies, it was like I'd known you all along." Sam smiled again, holding Bucky's hands tightly.

"I knew you before we met," He said, and Bucky came closer to him.

"And I don't even know you yet." Said Sam, his smile beautifully bright, and warm.

"All I know's you're someone I have always known." He said, the adoration in his voice was evident.

"All I know's you're someone I have always known." Bucky spoke, his forehead coming to rest against Sam's. It seemed, the state of the world was no longer important, not as long as they had each other. Though, they couldn't avoid it forever.

"And I don't even know you, now I wanna hold you," Said Sam, closing his eyes, in his best attempts to savour the moment, and for it not to be lost in the storm. As a moment so nice, he was sure they wouldn't forget it. Especially as how most moments on this earth were hard, and wearisome.

"Hold you close, I don't wanna ever have to let you go." Said Bucky, holding Sam's arms, holding onto him. He was scared, scared that somehow Sam would be taken from him. Swept away in the wind, out of his reach.

"Suddenly there's sunlight, bright and warm."

"Suddenly I'm holding the world in my arms." The wind seemed to stop, and the air felt not quite as cold. It was strange, but when around one another, everything felt as though it would be alright. They embraced each other, holding the other tight. Bucky blinked back tears, trying to pull Sam impossibly closer.

"Say that you'll hold me forever," He whispered, closing his eyes. Sam's embrace was so comforting, he never wanted to leave his arms.

"Say that wind won't change on us." Bucky said. The air was so quiet all of a sudden. As if everything horrible and loud in the world had disappeared thanks to Sam.

"Say that we'll stay with each other, and it will always be like this."

"I'm gonna hold you forever." Said Sam, bringing a hand to the back of Bucky's head. He began stroking his hair soothingly.

"The wind will never change on us." He couldn't guarantee that really.

"Long as we stay with each other." Sam pulled away to look at Bucky, his blue eyes were more vibrant than when they had first met.

"Then it will always be like this." Whispered Bucky, and he leant forward to kiss Sam. It was a short kiss, but it meant the world to them.