┌ Sun ┘

Author's note: here's a shorter one 🤷 I didn't really know what to name it soooo

~~~~~~~~~~

It was a hot day, extremely hot, exhaustingly so. Sam had suggested that him and Bucky go for a swim, but Bucky had groaned and said it was too much effort. Sam had convinced him eventually, and it was definitely worth it. The water was nice and cool, and they had a fun time swimming and splashing each other. They were now sat together on the small dock by their house, dangling their legs in the water to stay cool. Bucky couldn't help but stare at Sam, a big grin on his face. Sam noticed this, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Why d'you keep staring at me like that?" Asked Sam, chuckling softly. This made Bucky's grin widen.

"You're just so beautiful, darling." He said, turning his gaze to the water. Sam laughed. They sat in comfortable silence, their fingers intertwined, just watching the water. It rippled in the slight breeze. Bucky suddenly turned to Sam, a look of a sudden idea on his face.

"What?" Asked Sam, smiling. Bucky leaned forward and kissed Sam before standing up.

"I'll tell you in a minute, c'mon." He said, pulling Sam up and back towards the house. Sam followed with no hesitation. Sometimes that was a bad idea, Bucky's ideas can be quite outlandish. But luckily, this one was really rather tame as he soon learned. They had bought a hammock a few weeks before, and it had been getting a lot of use since it was so nice and sunny at the moment. Bucky had told Sam to wait outside, so Sam sat down on the steps and relished in the warm sun as he waited. Bucky came out a few minutes later with two drinks and a book. He grabbed Sam's hand and pulled him over to the hammock where he sat down. He placed the drinks on the table beside the hammock. Sam raised an eyebrow.

"If you're suggesting we both sit in there, I think it might break." Said Sam with a light chuckle.

"It's not like either of us are particularly light." He added. Bucky rolled his eyes, lying down.

"It'll be fine." He said, grabbing Sam's hand and pulling him. Sam warily climbed into the hammock, lying down on Bucky's chest. He was about to speak when Bucky opened the book and began reading. Sam was slightly surprised, but it relaxed him. He closed his eyes and listened to Bucky's voice. He must have drifted off at some point, because he awoke and Bucky was asleep. The sun had gone round and it was slightly cooler now. Sam smiled at his sleeping partner, he looked so peaceful. Sam closed his eyes again, hoping to fall back asleep.