┌ Plum Ice Cream ┘

"Buck, come on." Groaned Sam exasperatedly. Bucky sighed, fanning himself.

"I already told you, I don't want to go out. It's far too hot." He said, flopping back on the sofa. Sam sighed, running a hand down his face.

"How about I buy you ice cream?" Negotiated Sam. Bucky opened one eye.

"I'm listening." He said, still fanning himself. Sam smiled, grabbing Bucky's hands and pulling him up. Bucky stumbled slightly, but regained his balance.

"You can have the plum flavour." He said, pressing a kiss to Bucky's cheek. Bucky smiled.

"You're very convincing." He said, placing a quick kiss on Sam's lips. Sam smiled, his heart fluttering.

"Thank you. Now let's go, we need to get shopping." Said Sam, intertwining his and Bucky's fingers and pulling him towards the door.

"And my plum ice cream." Bucky reminded him.

"Of course." Replied Sam, still smiling.

~~~

Bucky trudged along next to Sam, hands in his pockets. The shop had run out of plum ice cream. Sam suggested he get another flavour, but Bucky refused, saying he only wanted the plum one. Sam was carrying three shopping bags, and they were heavy.

"Could you carry one of these?" Asked Sam, holding the heaviest out to Bucky. He took it, saying nothing. Sam sighed.

"I'm sure we can get some from another shop." He said, shifting the second bag into his right hand. Bucky heaved a melancholy sigh.

"But no other shops have ice cream as good as that one." He said miserably. Sam frowned.

"Well.. how about we get some plums instead?" He asked hopefully. Bucky looked up.

"Okay.."

~~~

Sam was preparing lunch. Bucky came into the kitchen with his bowl of plums. He put one in his mouth and came over to Sam.

"Want one?" He asked. Sam smiled.

"Yes please." He said. Bucky took one out of the bowl. Sam tried to grab it from him, but Bucky put it in his mouth. Sam took a bite and took it out again.

"Are you trying to choke me?" He asked with a chuckle. Bucky smiled.

"Of course not." He replied, hopping up on the counter. After lunch was ready, they took it outside to eat. Bucky put up the parasol, because he kept complaining about the sun (same).

"Thanks for making lunch." Said Bucky, eating a piece of cucumber. Sam smiled.

"No problem." He replied.

"Glad to see you're feeling better." Sam added. Bucky smiled.

"Yeah, though I'm still annoyed that there wasn't any plum ice cream." Said Bucky. Sam nodded.

"Well, we'll get some next time." He said, grabbing a strawberry off of Bucky's plate. Bucky grabbed his wrist.

"Oi." Said Bucky, narrowing his eyes at Sam. Sam blinked innocently.

"What? I thought married couples shared everything." He said with a shrug. Bucky pursed his lips.

"Not my strawberries, give it back." He said, his voice low. Sam sighed, trying to pry his wrist from Bucky's grasp. Dangit, why was Bucky so strong.

"But you have other strawberries, there's a whole bowl." Sam stated, gesturing to the bowl. Bucky scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"Exactly! So take your own from the bowl!" He exclaimed. Sam said nothing, determined to get that strawberry. Bucky pulled Sam's wrist closer to him. Sam stood up, leaning forward over the table. Ohoho, perfect plan. Sam leaned down and kissed Bucky. Bucky was caught off guard, so Sam managed to yank his wrist out of Bucky's grasp. Sam sat back down again, and ate the strawberry. Bucky gaped at him.

"That's- that's not fair." He said, his face turning red. Sam laughed.

"Too bad." He said with a grin. Bucky clicked his tongue, narrowing his eyes.

"I'll get you back for that."

"Good luck."