05. meet the cast

monday, october 15th
[14:27]
📍PAWS

nervous. chifuyu was nervous. as he hesitated to approach the shop, he rocked on his feet.

he knew he had to go inside eventually, but he couldn't seem to calm his nerves.

should he have gotten a token of his gratitude to show that he was grateful for getting the opportunity to work here? the person who runs this place was baji's childhood friend after all. chifuyu felt the need to impress his new co-workers since they were all baji's friends.

he knew kazutora, but then there's y/n and jiyuu. he's heard of them but they've never formally met. what if they didn't like him? would he be able to do the job well? what if he messes up and gets himself fired on the first day?

chifuyu fiddled with the hem of his sleeve as he nervously stared at the door.

loud shouts and laughter were heard from within the shop. maybe it won't be so bad.

chifuyu let out a shaky breath before opening the door.

the light jingle reminded him of kazutora's annoying earring that he wears everywhere. he smiles at the thought.

"hello! welcome to paws! i'm sorry for the mes—" the short welcome was cut off by a familiar voice.

"eh? chifuyu? is that you?"

chifuyu's eyes snapped towards the raven-haired male, "baji-san!"

baji side-eyed his friend, "why the hell do ya look so scared? coward."

"i'm not!" chifuyu lied. he's a horrible liar.

you placed the snacks onto the counter, "kei? you know him?"

chifuyu hesitantly turned towards you and bowed, "i'm matsuno chifuyu! uhm, i'm one of the applicants?"

you snapped your fingers, "so that's what your last name was! nice to meet you, matsuno-san! i'm l/n y/n, your co-manager!"

chifuyu gave you a crooked smile and placed his hand on the back of his nape, "it's nice to meet you too!"

you gave him a grin before turning towards baji and poking his chest accusingly, "why didn't you tell me one of the applicants was a friend of yours, kei!"

baji rolled his eyes, "why would i need to if you were going to meet him anyway?"

chifuyu stood there awkwardly, watching the two banter childishly.

kazutora noticed chifuyu standing off to the side and gave him a small wave before going back to cleaning the mess.

chifuyu waved back and took a look around the small shop, taking in the huge mess. there were flower petals on the floor, some snacks and balloons.

another jingle was heard throughout the shop, at this point chifuyu cannot tell if it's kazutora's earring or the small bell by the door.

"a-am i late?! i'm really sorry!" a soft voice exclaimed as she entered the shop.

you pushed baji away and walked over to the front, "nope! you're a minute early, are you the other applicant?"