026. i kinda like you

saturday, november 24th
[14:10]
📍your shared apartment

the itabashi fireworks festival is one of tokyo's largest fireworks displays. over the span of 90 minutes, 12,000 fireworks will be launched into the sky. you and your friends went to a couple of fireworks shows back in middle school, but you haven't been to one since. you felt a little euphoric at the prospect of watching the show with chifuyu.

heaving a sigh, you pulled the plush blanket over your head, snuggling into it before raising your gaze to glare daggers at a certain someone.

jiyuu only laughed, feeling your intense stare on her, "c'mon, y/n. it won't be that bad. you can borrow one of my kimonos, i have a whole stash."

"but i don't want to wear a kimono!" you groaned, not very keen with jiyuu's declaration. you didn't have anything against kimonos—they were just uncomfortable, especially when you have to walk around in one for a long period of time.

kazutora rolled his eyes, "chifuyu's going to be  wearing one, so you should too."

you shot him a glare as jiyuu laid out your options, "okay, but they're super duper uncomfy! i don't want the obi suffocating my waist while chifuyu and i walk around the stalls! the show doesn't even start t'ill six." you grumbled before glancing at kazutora, a curious glint in your eye, "and how do you know that chifuyu's wearing one?"

jiyuu tugged you over and shoved a few kimonos into your arms, gesturing you to try them on in the bathroom. "if my kimonos are uncomfortable, why didn't you just get a personalized one from mitsuya-kun or something?"

you yelped, almost dropping the kimonos, "ack—! i—well! i didn't want to bother takashi-san. besides, how would he make one on such a short notice?"

as you and jiyuu argued, kazutora sat down where the kimonos had been. "to answer your question before you two started talking about something completely irrelevant; chifuyu's wearing a kimono because baji told him to. we were with him earlier."

erika laughed, nodding along, "mhm! baji-san is still with him. i'm not sure if leaving baji-san to help chifuyu-kun was the best idea—but it's too late to turn back now."

you were about to respond until jiyuu shoved you out the door. "hurry up! stop chit-chatting! erika and i still need to do your makeup!"

you simply rolled your eyes at her demand.

────────────────
saturday, november 24th
[15:52]
📍your shared apartment

"i'm scared." you whined, slumping into a a corner, watching the time pass on your watch. your stomach churns as the arrows slowly tick towards the number four.

erika giggled at your position, sliding down the wall to sit next to you, "you'll be fine, y/n-san! it's just chifuyu-san. you two are practically already dating."

you hugged your knees to your chest, burrying your face into them. jiyuu caught sight of you doing so, and tapped your chin to lift your face up, "you're goin' to smudge your mascara before chifuyu even gets here."

you pouted, makeup was too much work. "whatever—"

the door bell rings and kazutora rushed to the door, sending you a sly smile before disappearing around the corner. your eyes lit up at the familiar voices and got up, running after kazutora.