020. falling

friday, november 9th
[17:45]
📍PAWS

of course it had to be raining. you had to replace all the old, rusted cages with new ones today. it would be a tedious task indeed but what made it even worse was the rain. the truck that had come to deliver them had pulled over in front of the store. and this time, everyone was on duty.

keisuke was busy hustling kazutora with the enormous boxes towards the store whilst jiyuu & erika put aside the old cages and kept an eye on the animals simultaneously. you were checking your list to make sure everything had came in and chifuyu was taking the boxes out.

putting your list away, you walked over to chifuyu to assit him with the boxes. it's not that you don't think he's capable, but there were a lot of boxes. a little help might do him some good.

"hey, chi! need any help?" you chirped, startling the poor boy. "sorry," you said, tilting your head at him.

a laugh escaped your lips as chifuyu huffs childishly. he shook his head, telling you that it's fine and that he could carry the remaining of the boxes himself.

you listen as chifuyu insists that he can handle the remaining boxes on his own. having enough of his obstinacy, you snatched the package from his grasp and carried it into the shop, leaving chifuyu speechless.

kazutora rose a brow at your sudden appearance. you handed him the box and told him where to put it. then, you disappeared from his line of sight almost immediately after.

he then managed to spot you outside, beside chifuyu, which wasn't that suprising. chuckling to himself, kazutora went back to unboxing the brand new packages.

"c'mon y/n! you don't have to help me! i'm supposed to be the one helping you bring the boxes in." chifuyu retorts, faking a pout at your unamused facial expression.

you rolled your eyes, "well there's a ton of boxes. you've already helped a lot now let's go bring the rest in."

giving up, chifuyu allowed you to carry in a few boxes. he won't admit it, but with your help, it was ten times faster than if he had done it alone.

you thanked the delivery service before closing the door behind you.

you huffed, the box surely was heavy, but you're not going to hand it over to chifuyu who had a smug smile on his face.

you stuck your tongue out at him, "i'm not giving it to you!"

placing them on the counter, you left chifuyu to stock the rest of the shelves. the boxes were filled with new items that the shop needed. it's too much work to set everything up today, so you told everyone to just leave them on the shelves in the backroom.

you went back to your usual spot and continued to check off stuff from your check-list.

chifuyu, who has spent the entire day lugging boxes in and out of the shop, is clearly exhausted. the fact that the boxes were exceedingly heavy did not help his case. baji and kazutora came over to ask him if he needed any help with the remaining boxes, but chifuyu being the stubborn idiot he was, declined.

he picked up the rest of the boxes from the floor and stood on his tiptoes to reach the upper shelf, which was the only one that was vacant. his grip on the boxes slipped, causing his eyes to widen.