09. it's your turn!

tuesday, october 16th
[21:19]
📍baji's apartment

the dining table was buzzing with lively conversation. although keisuke was the one who spoke the most, it prompted everyone to speak at least a little.

that being said, by the time everyone had finished eating, you were happy to announce that you've managed to befriend erika.

chifuyu on the other hand—well, let's just say you two were nearing the "friend stage". (atleast you hoped so). when you two hung out before work earlier, it helped to alleviate the awkwardness just a little.

kazutora swiftly got up, keisuke following suit. you watched as they exchanged sly glances.

jiyuu seems to have picked up on to what they were thinking and stood up as well, leaving you confused.

"oh, would you look at that!" keisuke started, slowly making his way out of the dining room.

"the plates appear to be dirty...but it looks like keisuke and i have to beat jiyuu and erika in monopoly!" with a cheeky smile, kazutora rushes out of the room with keisuke.

jiyuu laughs and drags erika to the living room with her.

erika shoots you an apologetic smile before disappearing around the corner.

you sat there, baffled.

"what—hey! kazu, kei, it's your turn to wash the dishes!" you called out after them, "and jiyuu, you're my dish-washing partner! the hell!"

you groaned and slumped into your seat. a small smile tugs at chifuyu's lips as he pats your shoulder.

that was something you should've expected. it was keisuke and kazutora after all.

with a sigh, you hauled yourself up and began to grab some of the dishes off of the dining table and placing them onto the counter.

"if you want, i can help you with the dishes." chifuyu offers, stacking up the remaining utensils and plates and bringing them to where you stood.

you smiled at him, "thanks, chifuyu. these dumbasses decided to make me do their dirty work, even jiyuu left me to suffer!"

the four of you had a system—whenever you all hung out at keisuke's place, you and jiyuu would wash the dishes and he and keisuke would do it the next time the four of you hung out. it was sometimes the other way around depending on who was up for it.

you and jiyuu were just over a few days ago and the two of you did the dishes so logically, it was kazutora and keisuke's turn. however, the two of them slithered out of their jobs like snakes. even jiyuu abanonded you. so much for your little system.

you scrunched up your face in annoyance.

chifuyu chuckled at your expression and turned on the faucet.

"so," you began, staring at him out of the corner of your eye while washing the plates he handed you.

chifuyu hummed, indicating that he was listening to what you were about to say.

you went quiet. what was a good conversation starter? this was awkward as hell. screw communication skills.

chifuyu thought you were still on about his little white lie from earlier and gulped. were you about to interrogate him or something?