021. something familar

sunday, november 11th
[19:32]
📍PAWS

very quickly, so very quickly were you to fall for matsuno chifuyu's very oblivious charms. whatever boldness you had yesterday with tending to the idiot's wound had vanished, replaced by uncertainty and fear. but of course, there was also that small part of you that felt ever so giddy about the short moment you two shared together.

you recognized this feeling, obviously. it wasn't entirely new, but so wildly refreshing that you almost assumed so. you liked chifuyu. and for some reason, those three words were oddly terrifying. maybe it was because of the anxieties and vexations about what you would do with these feelings. that's what you supposed.

would it be selfish of you to confess? what was one good thing about telling chifuyu, anyway? why put pressure on him when he doesn't deserve it. you knew you shouldn't bottle up your emotions, you don't deserve to be doing so, but what if this one small factor shatters everything you've worked so hard to achieve? the friendship that you cherish so so much, gone like a snap.

from the way chifuyu has acted towards you, you knew that he most likely sees you as a friend. the mere thought of spilling your guts out to chifuyu made your stomach churn. if he rejected you—which you knew for a fact that he would—in his own chifuyu-y way, you would never forgive yourself for losing someone so important in your life. you didn't want to risk it.

in your opinion, it was too early to fall in love. not that you had a problem with loving him, it was just risky. especially that you two had just gotten close recently.

you wanted to tell him eventually—just to get it off your chest. it's not like you can control these feelings so you hoped chifuyu wouldn't think anything of it when the time comes.

but for the time being, your thoughts were constantly occupied with how chifuyu studied you with his ever so observant eyes as you tenderly patched him up yesterday.

you were smitten. and you had no idea what to do.

when kazutora poked your face with a cat toy, resting the bell on your nose, your racing thoughts evaporated almost instantly. you scoffed and swatted his hand away, your brow raising in a questioning matter.

kazutora smiled. "hey, you."

you straightened your posture, your eyes meeting his own, "hey, tora. what's up?"

the slight falter in your voice was enough to confirm kazutora's assumptions. he let out a sigh as he shifted his gaze from the cat toy to you. "alright, what's wrong?"

your entire body slumped in defeat. kazutora has an odd ability to notice even the tiniest of things. you were confident that you could talk with him and that he would listen. you'd do the same for him.

you frowned, snatching the cat toy from his grasps, your whole demeanor changed instantly. "i just—i...i don't know what to do."

you were torn between your decisions. not that you had many. you could confess—but you wouldn't want to ruin your friendship with chifuyu, or put any unnecessary pressure on him. or, you could keep your feelings to yourself, which seemed to be the better option at the moment.

kazutora didn't think so.

"spit it out," he said, not in a harsh tone, he would never push you to talk, unless he knew that you needed someone to lean on.