7 | The After Party

The night went quicker than the ninja had hoped. It was now 8 in the morning when they heard a gong from the courtyard. Groans could be heard from all around the monastery as the team refused to get up.

"Seriously? It's still so early!" Nya groaned as she placed a pillow over her ears.

"Master Wu, please stop!" Kai yelled in hopes the sound would stop.

Eventually they all gave in and got out of their beds which made their master walk around with a satisfied smile on his face. Harumi opened the doors of her room and saw the ninja standing in front of theirs. Lloyd, who was in stripe pajamas, yawned beside her and rubbed his eyes.

"Good mornin', Rumi." He greeted as he did some stretching. "Did you sleep alright?"

"Good morning, Lloyd." She giggled as she watched him. "And yes, I did. You?"

"Felt nice to get some rest without having to worry about Ninjago being in peril for once." He joked as he did a spinjitzu tornado to change into his gi. 

The ninja made their way to the kitchen. Pixal was cooking breakfast by the stove and was assisted by Zane. The two were in their own world as they talked and worked.

"What's for breakfast? I'm starving." Cole asked as he and the ninja sat around the table.

"Pancakes and bacon." Pixal announced and the ninja cheered.

"I always love it when it's Zane and Pixal's turn to cook." Jay spoke to no one in particular. He just sighed happily before shoving some pancakes in his mouth.

During breakfast, the ninja got into discussion about their tasks for today.

"You will help clean up Ninjago city." Master Wu informed them as he joined their table.

"What? But that would take forever." Cole complained as he stabbed a pancake with his fork. Kai jumped in surprise and moved away after what happened last time with Jay.

"Then I suggest you better get started." Master Wu chuckled.

After breakfast, the ninja team made their way across town to help with the cleanup. The jade palace was the first place they went to. It was filled debris from the explosion that Harumi had staged.

"I never thought I would be back here." The girl admitted as she moped the floor of the palace. She had a backpack on her, filled with some clothes she had managed to retrieve from closet that surprisingly survived the explosion.

"We saved Ninjago. Can't we get a day off?" Cole groaned as he held a broomstick. They had been cleaning for half an hour now with no breaks.

"We helped break it, we help rebuild it." Lloyd told him as he walked pass with a garbage bag in his hands.

"Ninja, trouble!" Master Wu came running in through the palace doors. "Come quick."

"Already?" Kai exclaimed in disbelief as they stared at their master.

"I'm still sore from our last adventure!" Jay complained.

Master Wu ran out of the palace and the ninja, along with Harumi, followed. Once they arrived at the steps, they were shocked to see a crowd playing music a cheering for them.

"I already thanked you, but the people want to thank you also." The commissioner informed them as he went up the steps.

Their friends joined them at the top of the stairs as they all waved at the people. Pixal was hugged by Zane from behind, Skylor and Kai shared an embrace, Nya cuddled up to Jay's arm, and Lloyd gave Harumi a side hug. Cole, however, was much more interested on the cake he saw in the audience.