21 | Assult on Fire Snakes

The snakes continued shooting fireballs which Harumi shot back at them with her katana. There were some streets she couldn't save for the cars were now on fire and the ground was destroyed. The screams of the citizens echoed through her ears as she fought back. 

"Pix. I need water, these things are hard to destroy without powers." Harumi spoke into their communicators as she dodged the attacks.

"I'm on my way, Harumi." Pixal responded as she approached the scene and broke all the fire hydrants that were on the street.

The water spewed out from the ground and towards the snakes which turned into ash and disappeared.

"Nice one, Pix!" Harumi cheered as she helped some citizens escape from a building.

They continued evacuating people along with fighting some snakes they encounter.

"Hurry." Harumi commanded as some people rushed out of a building.

"Harumi! Pixal! The ninja are trapped inside the pyramid. You need to go and help them, I fear they are in terrible danger." Master Wu spoke through the communicators from the monastery.

"One of us needs to defend the city." Pixal said as she used the mech to grab the huge snake and throw it backwards.

"And one of us needs to find out what happened to the ninja!" Harumi called out as she opened the fire hydrant and let some water spray towards the snakes which disintegrated them. "You go, Pixal."

"What about you?"

"I can handle this. I'll hold them off. Go!" Harumi yelled as she ran towards another street.

Pixal nodded and took off to get the helicopter from the monastery. Harumi ran through Ninjago city as she continued fighting. The news flashed on the screen of a television store she was running past which made her stop.

"They don't appear to be mindless monsters. It's like there's a pattern to their movements. They're all converging at one point." Gayle Gossip reported from the television as she jumped from building to building. "Up here, Vinny, look! They've been summoned by some kind of snake witch leader. We need to hear what she's saying. Come on!"

Harumi paid attention to where Gayle Gossip had found the person responsible for the fire snakes in the city. She pulled her hood over her head and made her way to the same spot which was only a few blocks away.

"Where is this museum?" Aspheera directed the question to her army of snakes. Harumi hid behind some rubble as she listened to the conversation. "I will have this weapon and use it against the Deceiver."

"There you have it viewers at home. In an NGTV exclusive, we've broken the story wide open." Gayle Gossip turned towards the camera to do her report.

Harumi gasped as the snakes turned their heads towards Gayle's hiding spot. She was about to warn them but there were too many for her to handle. She can save her when she has back up.

"Who are you?" Aspheera asked as she smashed the boxes that Gayle was hiding behind.

"I am a citizen of Ninjago city. And I'm not scared of you." The reporter defended.

"I am Aspheera, and you should be." The snake hissed.

"Aspheera?" Harumi whispered the name as she tried to recall if she had heard it before.

"Uh, the ninja will stop you!"

"Ninja? Those fools who released me?" The statement made Harumi freeze as she continued eavesdropping. She took the time to look over some boxes to see her features. Her mind instantly recognized the image. It's the snake on the news when Gayle did her report on Clutch Powers.