BONUS CHAPTER (2)

SHINTARO

After the defeat of the skull sorcerer, who was revealed to be King Vangelis, a special coronation was to be held a day after the Princess' birthday. But now? It was time for a party! The palace was decorated from top to bottom with streamers and party supplies as Princess Vania's birthday occurred.

Everyone in the kingdom was invited and free to help themselves to the huge buffet table in the corner. Music blared around the ballroom as the people crowded themselves in the dance floor.

"Best birthday ever!" Jay exclaimed as he twirled Nya around in her blue ball gown before they went back to dancing.

The Ninja had decided to get all dressed up for the event despite the Princess telling them that it was nothing formal. The boys got some suits and ties from the castle staff while the girls were dressed in huge ballgowns.

"I couldn't agree more." Kai yelled through the loud music. He jumped up and down in excitement as the contents of the drink in his hand spilled on the floor.

"You may want to be careful with that, Kai." Zane warned from behind him with a smile on his face.

"Has anyone seen Harumi?" Lloyd called as pushed past the crowd of dancing people. His tie was loose and his golden blond hair spiked up in different directions.

"No! But if you're finally going to ask her maybe you should fix your appearance." Nya advised before dipping Jay and bringing him back up.

Lloyd immediately patted his hair in attempts to bring the strands down. His eyes wondered around the crowd before he spotted a familiar white blonde haired girl by the balcony.

"I gotta go." He informed his team as he pushed past the crowd once again.

"Good luck!" Jay called from behind him.

"She'll say yes, Green Bean!" Kai added before his eyes caught the earth ninja leaned against the buffet table. "I think someone else needs our help too."

The others followed his gaze and they all stopped dancing to make their way towards Cole.

"Hey guys! What's up?" He greeted them with a smile once he saw the team.

"Why aren't you dancing?" Nya inquired and placed a hand on her hip.

"I don't feel like it." Cole shrugged.

"Perhaps this will help you." Zane smiled which left the others confused.

In an instant, the music changed from party to romance as a slow dance started in the middle of the room.

"Ask her!" Kai pushed him off the table and towards the direction of Princess Vania who was talking to Hailmar about the security of her father in the dungeons.

"What?! No!" Cole protested. He planted his feet to the ground to make it harder for Kai to push him.

"Don't deny it, Cole! You like her." Jay teased before he joined in pushing him.

"Woah!" The weight of the boys managed to get him up his feet.

Cole tripped from the force and something managed to catch him before his face hit the ground. Or maybe, someone.

"Are you okay?" Vania asked with a giggle. Her arms were under his arms as she held him in place.

"Vania! Yes, thank you." Cole exclaimed when he looked up to meet her eyes. He immediately fixed himself and cleared his throat. "I was wondering if you'd--."

"Like to dance? I'd love to! Come on."

As usual, Vania had managed to beat him to his sentences. He didn't mind, he actually found it adorable but he was never going to tell the team that. Vania grabbed his hand before dragging him towards the dance floor. Cole placed an arm around her waist as he took her hand in the other.