13 | Endings

~~Harumi and Cole~~

Cole got up with a groan as pain shot through every inch of his body. He never felt this kind of pain before. He looked around to find himself on the glass roof of a building. His eyes landed to a green figure beside him.

"Harumi. Harumi, get up!" Cole nudged her awake.

"H-huh? What happened?" She responded and propped herself up with her elbows. All the memories came rushing through her head once she gained consciousness. "Cole! Thank goodness you're okay!"

Harumi gave him a side hug which made them both wince. Maybe it was best not to do that.

"We're not okay yet!" Cole pointed towards the tendrils that were now inching closer to them. "Where the heck are we?"

"The news station." Harumi answered after looking around as the black tendrils continued to grow closer.

"Oh, boy. Oh, boy." Cole said as he took a step backwards. "Hey, guys? Did you forget something? It's me, Cole! Harumi is here too."

"Hello? Oh great." Harumi held her communicator in her hand and found it in pieces like Cole's.

"Now what?"

"We need to get out of here!"

"Alright, stay calm. Don't panic. Why panic? I mean, heh, we're all alone surrounded by creepy black tendrils that are getting closer and closer. Huh?"

"Compose yourself, Cole. Jump!"

They leapt from a table to the light hanging from the ceiling before they landed in a room. Cole and Harumi pushed the sliding door to prevent the darkness from coming further.

"Whew." 

They both sighed a breath of relief.

"Let's see if we can get these working again." Cole held out his communicator and Harumi nodded before they began searching for supplies. "It's too dark."

"Just be careful with what you touch." 

"Aha!" 

Cole held out a pair of scissors and began tinkering with their communicators.

"Oh come on. I'm not a microtronics guy. Where's Nya or Pixal or Zane or Jay when you need them?"

"Probably out there thinking we're dead." Harumi sat in a chair and sighed. She wondered if Lloyd ever made it. "Oh my gosh, Lloyd! He must so devastated right now, Cole!" 

"You think I don't know that? So come over here and help me so we could get back!"

They started trying different things to get the communicators activated.

"Please work, please work, please work." Cole pleaded and the light turned green. 

They looked at each other for a moment before running towards the stairs and making their way to the entrance of the building.

"Where is it? Where?" Cole leaned against the door.

"Your earth driller?" Harumi squinted her eyes to try and see better.

"I can't see it. I can't see anything." Cole leaned on the rails and Harumi patted his back.

"Ninja never quit." She whispered with a small smile to try and comfort him but it was mainly for her too. She was terrified of the whole situation. If she wanted to survive, she had to be brave enough to face her fears.

An engine roar was heard from the outside which made Cole lift his head.

"It worked!"

"Woo-hoo!"