26 | Attack On The Village

The team woke up early as they had gotten used to it back at the Monastery. After breakfast, Lloyd and Harumi had decided to ask for directions from Sorla so they could start their search for Zane.

"Your friend, Zane, is imprisoned here, in the Ice Emperor's Castle." Sorla pointed to the landmark on the red map she laid out for the two. "There are only two paths through the mountains. This is the safest." She pointed on the map again.

"A pass?" Lloyd asked.

"In the old tongue, it is called 'Mala-Wojira'." Sorla stated.

"Mala-Wojira?" Harumi repeated her words.

"Wojira's Wrath." The old lady explained. "But you must be careful, you cannot make a sound in this place. You cannot speak or whisper. Even your footfalls must be like a gentle breeze."

"Why?" Lloyd inquired.

"What would happen if we do make a sound?" Harumi added.

"Wojira would strike you down." Sorla answered with hand motions.

"Okay, but what is it?" Lloyd was still confused on the dangers that Sorla was trying to warn them about.

The old woman inhaled and exhaled in a loud way which made the two look at each other.

"Uh, alright. Thank you, Sorla." Harumi said in a bit of a rush.

"Okay. Great, well, I guess we'll just be quiet." Lloyd answered as he rolled up the map.

The two left the house and joined the rest of the team who sat on the snow while they waited. Nya continued to fidget with the tracker while Jay and Kai played with something they placed on their feet.

"Any luck?" Lloyd inquired towards Nya as they took a seat beside her.

"Nothing. It's really weird. The signal keeps coming in and out." Nya reported.

"Huh. Maybe the cold is interfering?" Lloyd suggested.

"Cold shouldn't matter. It's like the signal is weak but the mech had a brand new battery. It makes no sense." A small square appeared on the screen and then disappeared.

"Maybe it got destroyed when it was sent here? Like when the bounty fell off a cliff. Maybe something happened to it." Harumi interjected her ideas.

"I hope we find out soon." Nya sighed.

"Hey, guys! Have you tried these?" Kai called from in front of them as he started jogging around the pads he and Jay were wearing. "You gotta try them! You can walk on top of the snow."

"I think that's the point." Cole stated.

"What will they think of next?" Jay laughed from behind him.

"Alarm, alarm!" Uthaug, one of the village fishermen yelled from afar as he ran towards the village. "They're coming!"

The team turned their attention towards the man who got closer to the village. The man placed down the pole of fish he was carrying and proceeded to tell the people the news.

"Blizzard Samurai. On the march!" He started as the team got closer.

"Heading for our village. We saw them coming down the pass." The man named Boma continued.

"I heard them first, Boma's hearing isn't as good as--." He got cut off by the man.

"Don't start that again." Boma threatened.

"Boma, Uthaug. Are you sure you saw this? You saw them?" Sorla arrived at the scene and stopped them before they could beat each other up. The boys nodded and Sorla sighed. "Gather the elders. There's no time to lose."