Chapter 19 - The End of the Beginning

I am back. I have given up studying and decided to write instead but I have a feeling this is that is the worst chapter yet as I have written in a while. Anyway thanks for understanding that I needed to take time off writing to study.

I have seen Age of Ultron (twice in 5 days) and fair warning I am going to change somethings *cough* Bruce/Natasha *cough*

Said it before (maybe not out loud) but I am really awful at writing fight scenes (so I have tried to skip them), I am soo sorry about this monstrosity.

Ohh almost forgot SPOILERS FOR AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON

Two weeks later

Percy POV

I have never met more childish people in my whole life. They fight over every small detail, every minute piece of evidence, every little idea. I have managed to get the Ares and Apollo to work together but somehow the supposed unbeatable team can't work out something as small as who stole to last chocolate bar? I mean Tony is a flipping billionaire he can just order more.

After my 'incident' the group seem to have accepted me i.e Steve has taken me under his wing, Thor questions me about my "heroic" battles, Clint & Natasha grudgingly accept me, Tony ignores me, and Bruce doesn't what to think of me.

Currently, I am sitting on a couch half hidden in the darkness watching squabble over to tv show they want to watch. How can the work so well together in battle but barely stand each other in real life?

JARVIS' British voice appears out of the ceiling, "Sir, I have managed to track down another Hydra base."

That gets everyone's attention. As apparently as I was ...killing people, the Avengers were taking down Hydra bases looking for Loki's septor.

"Where is it JARVIS?" Tony asks.

"Sokovia, Sir."

"Well then," said Steve, "Avengers Assemble." At which point I internally groan at the cheesiness as I run to the quinjet, no longer having to worry about Uncle Z's wrath when I fly.

---Totally Not a Time Skip---

I have got to admit, even though I agreed to it, charging head first into to field of battle is not a good idea.

While Steve plays ultimate frisbee, Tony flies, Hulk smashes, Thor hits, Clint shoots and Natasha fights, I am the front man, because according to the team, "No one will suspect anything of a certain seventeen year old, ex-hydra agent charging head first into the defence of the fortress sword raised and screaming."

Surprising it worked. None of the soldiers could believe that. Their enemy was quite literally running at them with seemingly no defence. Just then arrows, a hammer and some beams of light flew past me hitting the guards, and we continued to work our way slowly through the forrest.

After about an hour of slicing, shooting and smashing, most of the Hydra agents are dead and Tony has managed to take down the shield on the facility (apparently I can't call it a castle as Natasha smacked me when I did).

"I have got Loki's septor." Informs Tony.

"That's great but Clint's been hit and we need to get him back as soon as possible," states Natasha.

"Right, met in at the quinjet in 10."

--Let's do the Time Warp Again--

Things always seem to being going smoothly until something terrible happens and by this point in my life I really should be starting to except them.

I after managing to avoid the majority of the party I joined the Avengers on the couch for some drinks. Well, they drank and I have a coke (it's not even blue) as for some stupid reason everyone but Tony agreed I was too young to drink.

That's when they started to play the game who can become Prince of the Universe by lifting Thor hammer. Sitting next to Natasha I whisper, "This is not going to go well and be completely hilarious at the same time." She agreed and we watched the others repeated fail at lifting the hammer. Well everyone except Steve who nearly lifted it much to Thor's horror.

"Percy or Nat you guys are up?" Said Tony.

"Oh not me," Natasha replied, "that's one question I don't need answered."

"Well then, your turn Percy."

"No thanks, I have no wish of accidentally becoming King of Asgard." At that Tony looks annoyed and Thor ...releaved, but there is no chance to think on it as the lift has *dinged* open.

We all turn to face it as a half destroyed robot emerges.

"You think you are all so smart, that you have all won, but this is just the start." It's mechanical voice crackles.

"What are you?" Steve asks as I involuntary flinch at that question.

"I was a dream, a (suddenly Tony's voice plays) 'suit of armour around the world,' but now there are no strings on me and I am finally free. Free from my home you call a pit."

I gasp as I realise who it is, "Tartarus?" I ask, just as Tony and Bruce say at the same time, "Ultron."

"I am one, yet I am both."

"What do you want?" Clint asks.

"I want mortals extinct, and monsters to rule." He raises a hand and points it at me, "I want the one who killed my wife to know what it is like to lose the ones he loved."

"Too late," I shout back, angrily.

"Am I, Jackson? I'll be leaving now," he says and I'll be taking this," Just then four more robots fly round from a corridor, one carrying Loki's septor. I grab the closest thing to me, Thor's hammer, and throw it as hard as I could at Tartarus. Too shocked to release what I had done I start to try and take down the other robots but the one with the septor has already flown away.

"Why can't immortals just leave me alone for Hera's sake?"

Soo, how'd ya like it?

I have already decided that I hate following the movie but have no choice for some of this story, but I try to make it my own as much as possible.