Chapter 4 - Deal?

Chapter 4 - Deal?

Set two months after last chapter

Percy

Please, please no more.

I almost said it out loud. But I couldn't, at least not yet. Begging would be my last resort and I absolutely refused to use it. If I do it will almost be like giving up the last part of myself I still own - my hope. I might still get out of here.

I have lost track of how many days had past, how many hours I had lost, how many times I nearly gave up.

My memories had all came back to me but I still hadn't put them all together. My time line was mixed up in my head and way too much time to think wasn't helping.

They still don't know anything about me but I have learned much about them.
They call themselves protectors of the world. From what I don't quite know. My guard/torturer/only human contact lets more slip everyday and I just have to go though agonising pain to get it.

That song plays again. It slips into my ears, sneaks up to my brain and rattles my skull. I try to block it out but my chained hands have little movement. I know what it means? He is coming. My hands begin to sweat with fear, my breathing quicks and heart beat skyrockets. I try to hid my fear but it is becoming too hard. This song makes me expect pain and start to feel it before it begins.

I have to get out of here soon or I'll go insane.

He walks in with his emotionless face but as always his eyes deceive him. He doesn't want to be here either.

I am about to make some snide remark when he catches me off guard.

"We are trying something new today ... Perseus." I freeze. How does he know my name? I never told him.

Noticing my shock he smiles like a child on a missing poster. "Right, Perseus or is it Percy?" Only people who know me call me Percy, so how does he know?

I stutter out, "Pp-p-e-per-cy. I prefer Percy."

"Today we are going to talk. I will make you a deal. If you answer my questions honestly, I'll answer yours." I am caught out there. I want to know more about these people so I can try to plan my escape but can I tell them about me?

Is it worth the risk? I already know they can't tell clearly when I lie or tell the truth but how did they know I want to know about them.

"We have a deal."

"Right, You ask first then I'll ask."

I think for I moment I likely have a maximum of 5 questions. So I start with the basics, "Who are you people really?"

He looks disappointedly at me as he answers, "SHIELD. Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division. We protect the world from what they aren't ready to know and save it when things we can't understand attack. Remember the aliens that attacked New York it was SHIELD who stopped them." I have no idea what attack he is talking about but the nearest I could figure it happened while Hera had my memories.

"Ok, your turn. Ask away. I am an open book."

"Who are you?"

"I thought you already knew. I am Perseus Jackson. I am sixteen years old though I might be seventeen now. I am the son of Sally Jackson and some low life that left her." I really hope dad didn't hear me then but I can't say anymore. He looks at me suspiciously before saying, "That all checks out, your turn."

I think for a moment before saying, "Where am I?"

"You are in SHIELDs prison called The Fridge." Well that was a wasted question.

He fires away with his constant second question, "What are you?"

I never got this question does he mean my parentage, but I know what they want me to say. I try to reply honestly but not reveal my demigodness, "I am a teenage boy who is really craving pizza." I see him move towards to panel on the wall and I know what's coming.

Electricity charges though my body. Current burns through my veins and volts pulse down my bones. I scream escapes my mouth and it seems to last forever. After a minute it stops. My breaths are shallow but I manage to look up at him. He shakes his head, "Why did you have to go a perfectly good conversation by being cheeky and lying."

"I wasn't," I gasp, "lying I mean. I don't know what you mean by that question."

"Now what did I say about lying." They tricked me. They knew I was testing them and pretended they didn't know when I was telling the truth.

"My question ..."

"No, that's enough for now. See you later Perseus."

He leaves leaving me standing shocked. My hands and feet bound as always but now they hang a little lower as escape from this torture seems less likely every second.

Sorry this was quite a boring chapter but it was necessary for later on

Now you didn't think I would make escape that easy did you?

Please tell me what you thought.

What do you thinks going to happen to Percy?