Chapter 12 - Changes

I am so sorry if this is bad, I was so busy this week I just kept putting off writing this. And I had to rewrite half of it as it didn't save (Game: guess the place it cut off at and I had to rewrite).

Steve Rogers (Captain America) POV

I gaze out over the ever changing sky line of New York, still amazed by the difference from the view I had from Brooklyn all that time ago. The buildings keep getting higher, the streets keep getting busier, the noise keeps getting louder and the stares never get fewer.

Especially after the battle 11 months ago. Even though all the bridges have been fixed, the glass replaced, the streets cleared and the dead mourned, it seems the city will never forget the horrors it witnessed, the death it beheld.

When I woke up this city held magic, it was so bright and cheerful, and so changed from the one I loved. It was a new world, but what I would give to go back there; to Bucky, to the Howling Commandos, to Peggy. I have lost them all one way or another - to himself, to death, to memory. If I could go back there, I would - no ..... no I wouldn't, I knew the choice I made, to save New York, to save this magical city.

But New York is so different now but is it still the city I saved?

Yes. It still has the young couples so in love, it still has the loud noise and fancy shows, it still is a place for dreams to come true.

I sigh and step away from the window into the living room area at the top of Tony's Tower.

Nothing shows what occurred here but a small dent in the floor is left to remind us , well nothing but that and our memories. I am pushed out of of escapeless train of memories by the dull ring of the phone.

"Hello, this is Steve speaking, how can I help you?"

"Captain, it's Fury, I am ten minutes away from Stark tower with Natasha and am bringing someone you and the team will want to meet." With that the line went dead.

Who was this someone, I wonder as I go and round up our weird little team of heroes?

~~Welcome to ten minutes in the future~~ (Still Caps POV)

As the team slowly stumbled into the lounge and take their respective seats, the elevator door slide open with a ding.

Fury walks in with a boy at his side. Though the kid was at least 6"3 and looks extremely athletic, he could be older than 18. But his eyes, they are swirling green vortexes of pain, loss, hatred, grief, fear, regret and hope. They were eyes I had seen before. The eyes I saw when I looked back on my past or stared at the mirror.

They were eyes of a soldier

But how can that be? This kid wasn't old enough to join the military, heck I wasn't even shaving at his age.

Fury clears his throat. "Right then, down to business. This," he points to the kid, "is Perseus Jackson. He will be joining the Avengers," wait, what?, "and living here at the tower for the time being. Any questions." How about a tonne?

Tony shouts out, "Who is this kid, Perseus, anyway? Why is he joining the team?"

"Trust me when I say this Tony," replies Fury, "that kid there has done more than you ever will. He is lost and I believe the Avengers will help him find his way."

Thor questions, "What is this mortals," for some reason the boy cringes at that word and stares harshly at Thor, "story and why is he so special?"

"I will let him answer the first one when he is ready. He is special because I have never seen anything like him before and doubt I will again. Now if that is all I must go." He looks at the kid trying almost like he is trying to read his mind, "Goodbye Percy."

With those final words he departs the building.

Percy POV

When the really buff guy in armour said mortals I knew right away he was a god, though I have never seen him before on Olypmus, or heard of any god joining a superhero group.

I stare at each of the crazy group in turn and say, "Are you going to introduce yourself or show me to my room because it is rude just to look at me?"

They all blink twice before the tall, muscular blond dude stands up and holds out his hand for me to shake, "I am Steve Rogers, aka Captain America."

The old guy with brown hair and a goatee holds his hand up and states, "I am Iron Man aka Tony Stark."

My eyes move over to Natasha and the man beside her, "You already know me but this is my boyfriend, Clint Barton aka Hawkeye.

I guy with short brown hair and glasses says, "I am Bruce Banner aka The Hulk but I call him the other guy."

They keep saying these names like they are suppose to mean something to me but I have no idea who they are. From what Fury told me they just help save people. My eyes drift to the final man, the god. He stands up and takes a good look at me as I study him back, "I am Thor Odinsons, god of Thunder, Lightening, Storms and Strength."

"Great," I say back and the other look at me like I am insane. I ignore them and say, "I am Perseus Jackson, but call me Percy, aka The Cyclone."

I study them to see if they recognise the name but only Natasha's boyfriend reacts, "How...." He whispers faintly, "You can't be him." I smirk in his direction before turning around and walking towards the window to gaze over the skyline of New York.

I am finally back home.

So... What do you think??

Sorry it's short but I have had a really annoying week and this story deleting half of itself as not helping.

Well the avengers are finally here - that's is the only part I planned to sooo.....