Boston

With a quiet goodbye to his son Sean Mulligan ended the call and gently placed the phone on his desk.  Then reaching for the glass globe paper weight he unleashed his anger.  As the globe embedded itself in the nearby wall the thud it made had his wife Neala rushing in.  Sean watched her stop and look between the wall and where he stood behind his desk.  Married near 21 years she didn't say anything but instead moved to take a seat in in one of the chairs across from him. 

   "Oliver called.  Ella isn't yet ready to meet the family.  He says she'll meet the lads and us in a month or two when it all settles in. " he told her but left out the full of her reaction after Oliver told her what had happened all those years ago.  He couldn't put that on the women who had love him and his lads since the day they wed,  The women whom had given him a daughter and mourned the loss of that child these past five years.  Lia was alive they now knew but no he couldn't put this on her too.

   His first wife Ann had been dead only six months leaving him to raise three young lads alone.  More like his family to raise them as he'd been so lost in grief he's seen nothing beyond it.  It was his mother who had come to him and told Sean to get away for a wee spell.  That his lads had notice how broken he was and it was not good for them.  So he'd travelled to the homeland of his father, to Ireland. 

   First three nights there he'd spent drunk in a pub before his brother Marcus caught up to him.  The man had beaten his sorry ass then forced him to begin living again.  They'd seperated in their travels two weeks later.  Heading North it had been Sean's first night back in of a pub with only a week before he returned home.   That was the night he met Cora. 

  Working as a waitress Cora had been a ray of pure sunshine to him.  And for the first time since his Ann's death he'd felt the spark of interest.  If he'd have known she was a virgin he's have not touched her but she'd never indicated.  But because of it he'd asked her to return with him to Boston.  She's been upset to learn he had three sons waiting but instead made excuses that her parents would disown her.  So after only one week together he's left Cora and Ireland to return home.

  Maybe it was because of Cora that he'd been open to his fathers idea of arranged marriage.  His grief softened he hadn't been ready yet for love but the boys had needed a mother.  So when Neala was presented as a choice he'd accepted her.  Now Sean knew it was the best bloody choice he'd ever made in his life.  Then a months after his return, two weeks before his wedding Cora had called the pub. 

   His brother Marcus had answered and taken the message that she was pregnant and needed to speak with him.  A message Marcus hadn't delivered till three days ago when dna test revealed Ella was his daughter.  The betrailed he'd felt in the moment Marcus stepped forward had been blinding.   In Neala he didn't have to worry she'd blame him for any of this.  He'd pulled his wife off his brother only to continue the pounding she's began.

  "The lass has the right to be weary of us.  From what she now knows her uncle deprived her of having a family.  Deprived her mother of the help and security we could of offered." Neala finally broke the silence and hit the largest of Ella's grevences dead on.  From what Oliver had told his daughter and her mother had not had an easy life. 

  "She told Oliver she will have nothing to do with Marcus.  Denounced him as any relations to her for his action and the years he kept silent between.  I do not blame her for those feelings as I am close to doing the same.  Neala he had no right" Sean informed  laying his head in his hands.

  "Then we do as she asks.  We wait.  Til then we set some rules with the family and a no contact order on your father.  The man has his own guilt over the matter and is likely to fly to South Carolina.  She's his now as much as any of his grandbabies.  Just as she as mine and much as the three boys I took on when we married.  I may not have given them life but they are mine all the same because you made them" Neala advised and spoke openly as was her way.  And her works reminded of something Oliver had told him.  Something that would please his wife.

  "Ella told Oliver that she would not change what happen no that it is done.  If she wished it Lia would never have been born.  The early unavoidable death of Cora would have made me a widower twice over" he conveyed and got the smile he'd hoped for.

  "Ella sound like a smart level headed lass.  It may have worked in her favor to be raised away from the family.  For sure we have few like her in the lot of Mulligan about here" she teased and lifted him from the funk the call had put him in.

   Sean would listen to his wife and youngest son.  He would give his daughter time and put a leash on his old meddling father.  What he wouldn't do just yet was tell either his wife or family that Lia would soon return home to them.  The mystery still loomed to where she'd been and how she disapears.  But whoever was responsible would learn you dont fuck with the irish. 

Note: 

So what are your thoughts?  Any guesses on Lia's five year disaprearance.  Did the butler do it? With the candle stick? lol Sorry it's late.  And if your a new reader here's a warning.  My spelling sucks sometime.  Every story I write it unedited.  I write till I get the story out of my head, then go back and fix my spelling and grammer blunders.
For readers that are following along from the Blood Wolves Series.  This is the point where Ella is left to the back ground and we now focus on Lia.  Happy Reading!

Updates for this book.  Which would you rather see.
1) Post as I write
2) Once a week on Sundays
3) Once a week on Fridays