Chapter 8

The dreams came as she knew they were.  Last night she'd openned the box inside her head to tell the boys her story.  A box that didn't simply close back up.  Lia didn't call out in her sleep or wake crying from the nightmare of her past.  Mental wall or breaks help protect from the emotional trauma recall.  The physical not so much.

     Muscles shaking Lia took deep breaths knowing it would pass.  Given the level of alcohol and the early hour it was unlikely either Hugo or Finn were disturbed.  Still Lia got up and went down to the bathroom as soon a her body allowed.  On the way through the living area checking to see both men were still sleeping.

   Last night they'd refused to leave her.  Lia really couldn't blame them and had only put up a slight fuss over it.  It had been nice having them close and beside her parents the two she missed most.  As she showered Lia mentally ran through the names of her kin.  Placing them into catagories based on levels of trust.  Besides Hugo, Finn and her parents only two other names were in the circle of those she trusted.  Sad really given the size and number of family she had. 

   Rapped in only a towel Lia made sure both men were still sleeping before crossing the living area.  Neither would handle seeing the scars of these past years well.  Hell she didn't even like to look at them.   Once in her closet Lia chose a simple waffle weeve long sleeve top and jeans for the day.  Warm wool socks went on her feet before she padded back down the stairs to the kitchen.

  Eying the two empty bottles of Jameson she mixed up a batch of the cure before starting on breakfast.  She was just starting the eggs when she heard one of them aproaching.  So she was able to hide her internal flinch as she was huged from behind.  Hugo she knew as Finn wasnt big on hugging like their cousin.

   "Morning lass, bless you" he murmered odviously seeing the two tall glasses of the cure waiting.  With a kiss to the top of her head Hugo stepped away and she heard him choke back one of the glasses.  Aye it made it better but not without inflicting upon the body.  Shit tasted like ass but after cured the rough stomach and acking head of the inflicted.

   "Go jump in the shower.  Breakfast will still be a wee bit.  Extra towels in the tower closet" she advised as the first batch of eggs went into the oven to keep warm and she set on the next batch.  The sound of the bathroom door closing the only indication that he'd taken the advice.

   When the bacon and eggs were done Lia took the toaster waffles from the freezer.  The shower turning off as she heard Finn groan as he found his feet across the room.

   "See neither of ye can still handle your liquor" Lia teased but pointed to his waiting salvation sitting on the island.

   "Blessings lass but feck off" Finn shot back as he lifted the glass and choked it back.  Three phones chimed as he set down his glass.  Checking the waffles still had time Lia ran up to her room to retrieve her phone.  A message from her mum awaited her.

   Mum:  Family dinner tomorrow night.  Attendance manditory.

    Mentally cursing her father and grandfather Lia turned to head back down when she recieved a second message.  As no other phone chimed Lia assumed the first had been a group message,  Which meant all the family had been called to dinner.

   Mum:  I tried to buy you more time but your know your grandfather.  I've warned both that you'll be armed and to suck it up.  Sorry love.

   Aye she'd be armed to face the family as one among them wore a false face.  Going back downstairs Lia kept quiet as she set out breakfast for the men.  Only when one of them brought up dinner did she begin the questions she had.

  "Who in the family has russian connections?" she asked pushing her plate aside no longer hungry.  Niether man looked shocked that she'd ask but they did share a look before spitting out the answer.

  "Uncle Marcus, Eamon, Ivo and Colin" Finn answered finished himself as he stood to take both their plates to the sink.

  "Marcus may be there tomorrow night if attendance is manditory but he'll keep to himself.   Things are still a little rocky since it came out about his invovlment with Ella." Hugo offered before he too finished the last of his food and handed the plate to a still standing Finn.

  Looking up at her brother Lia caught his look of anger before he turned away.  Months had passed since it was learned that Marcus had known about Ella's mother being pregnant all those years ago.  He'd kept it a secret and cost them all and Ella alot of hurt.  It had taken a DNA test to confirm her fathers paternatiy for Marcus to finally come forward.  Since he'd kept his distance from the family in all but business.

   "Who are the contacts.  Any connections to Petrov or Lenkov" she questioned and watched Hugo stiffen and share another look with Finn who returned to lean on the island beside her.  Looking up at her brother she knew the answer by the look on his face.  "Which?" she ground out and felt Hugo try to take her hand but she pulled away and stood to face both men.

  "Marcus to Lenkov and Colin, Eamon and Ivo have been working with the Petrov's for the past 4 years" Finn answered and gave her a place to start.  Three names connected to the russian family who'd taken her and one to the family who had wanted her as a bargaining chip.

   "You believe it was one of them that helped in your kidnapping?" Hugo questioned looking pissed as the thought crossed his mind.

  "How else could I have been taken from my own bed above the bar.  Who was on security that night?" she barked back walking away a few steps before turning to both men.  "Did it not even occur to any of the family that it wasn't simply a connection but maybe one of our own kin" she spatt out the question them looked to the floor as she tried to calm herself.

   "Family was never looked at Lia. It didn't make sence at the time.  Now it does with the russian connection.  I still don't want to believe one of our own could have done it." Finn offered honestly when she finally looked back up now calm.

  "Find me answers while I search out my own." she ordered then went to the sink to clean up the breakfast mess.  If she was going to dinner tomorrow night she'd need to do some work today.  Needed a couple facts before she faced her family.

  "Q, I need a list of Petrov's businesses in town" she requested as soon as her friend answered the phone.

  "Already done L.  I'll email the list know but we need to meet soon.  I'm in town and you should know that our full crew is too to help with this." He stated and had her freezing on the stairs up to her room.

  "Everyone?" she questioned really hoping one in particular wasn't on that list.

   "Everyone" he confirmed

   "Fuck Q, fuck fuck fuck!" she ground out continueing up to her closet where she packed another gym bag.  She needed to get her head on straight if she was going to deal with all this shit.  May as well check out the gym the guy last night had mentioned.  Boxing meant she got to beat up a bag and if luck a person.

   "L, he'll keep to the shaddows unless needed.  He respects your boundaries" Q finally broke the silence.

   "Then I guess I better make sure he isn't needed" she offered her tone all kinds off sassy.  Fuck she hated that he was here "Any other confessions?" she questioned

  "Not over the phone." was all he said before the line went dead and she was left wondering.  Fuck!

Note:

So I've started making a list of character I plan to keep within the storyline.  Atleast for this draft.  After the family dinner only key Mulligan's will be apearing for now.  In the Black's you'll have the three brothers.  Pretrov's will have two key people then a number of nameless guards and hitters.  The mystery character brought into this chapter and one other from Q & L business.

That's enough to keep me on my feet for this story lol.  If you see a discrepancy in the story please point it out in the comments.  I'll do my best to keep it all straight.