Same Page

Lia

     Waking up she shifted and heard a grumble from beside her in the bed.  Shooting up Lia was reaching for her gun in the nightstand when she looked over and saw Hugo watching her.  Then last night came back to her in a flash.  Fuck.

    "Aye, gonna need a few explainations this morning lass.  Before though let me say this.  Never do I want you to put yourself in that kind of danger again.  We just got you back and last night could have lost ye" Hugo quietly spoke as his eyes pleaded.  Even knowing the Petrov connection it wouldn't make sense to him for her to do what she'd done last night. 

    "I killed the mans brother and nephew myself Hugo.  I can protect myself" she reassured getting up out of bed and headed for the bathroom. 

     Q had told her of the meeting that was needed today.  His warning that she had to trust Hugo and Finn with the truth.  Trust him to tell his brothers that same truth.  It frightened Lia, telling Hugo and Finn.  That they would look at her differently.  Taking out her abusers was one thing but learning the rest.

   Last night, Alexei's hands on her had shook Lia.  Hugo had spent the night holding her as nightmares stole the sleep she'd needed.  Not once had he questioned.  Now it was time to explain so he didn't go into the meeting blind.  Knowing Finn should be here too Lia shot off a text.  Within minutes he responded giving an eta of ten minutes and that he'd bring coffee and breakfast.

   Looking in the mirror Lia grimaced at the smeared make up from the night before.  Only the wig had come off and now sat on the counter beside the sink.  Putting it away Lia jumped in the shower and came out just as Finn was setting out breakfast.

  "I'll be down in a minute" she simply offered passing the two men as she went up to change.  Standing outside her closet Lia debated then settled on a tank top and jeans.  Grabbing a hoody she headed back down to find the men in discussion.  From the look on Finn's face Hugo had told him of last night.

   "Eat, then talk" Hugo ordered them both and Lia took the reprieve.  Taking a seat at the island she took one of the breakfast wraps and added salsa.  Eating she debated where to begin and how to explain who she had become.  Mulligan men protected the womenfolk.  They trained while the women learned to look after the men in other ways such as food and keeping a house.  At least thats how she remembered it.

   "I was just turning sixteen when I got away.  We were in the islands and I hid on one of the supply boats.  Jumped islands for weeks afraid Lenkov would find me.  It was then that I met Quinn, at a resort I'd gotten a job at.  American, he offered to help me and i told him all.  Swore him to secracy.  I wanted them dead.  All three and he helped make me strong enough, gave me help to see it done." she began getting up to wander around the flat unable to sit.

  "I was a shell of a person.  After they were gone i didn't even have that shell to protect me.  I lost it.  Quinn pulled me back together and helped me see a future.  He gave me purpose in that next year." she offered looking finally at her brother and cousin.  Remaining silent so they could asked the questions she'd give anything not to answer.

  "We know the business Quinn is in.  What was your roll in it" Finn questioned his eyes scanning over her scared arms.  Some of those scars from Petrov but not all.  Some were clearly self inflicted and those were the ones that brought her the most shame.

  "I'm his assassin.  In the beginning I did the cases he told me too, how he told me too.  These past two years I take only the ones I want and complete them based on my own judgement." she answered honestly then told them the truth about South Carolina.

   "Lift your shirt" Finn ordered and Hugo ground out for him to fuck off but she took off the tank top.  Knowing he needed see to understand.

  "Shit lass" Hugo murmered as Finn came to stand in front of her. Lia could only stand there silently as she saw his eyes scan her tattoo's, harden as he caught sight of what they hid.  Then the tears as he realized the full extent of what she'd been through.
"I'm so sorry love" he choked out as he pulled her into his chest and Lia let a few tears excape her own eyes.