Chapter 15

Hugo

Parking his ass in a chair he'd watched the man named Blake take on and take down his cousin. By the time she hit the mat....well that wasn't her was all he could think. It still took everything he had not to jump in and pull him off her.

"You hate me but I'm not the enemy. The demons in your head are dead. You took care of them. Feel the mat below you, me above you" Blake kept on repeating as Lia screamed and thrashed under him until slowly he saw it. Fucking real slow but he saw her begin to settle as the words penetrated.

Royce had taken Raine to get cleaned up while Liam watched from the computer in his office. Finn couldn't handle it either and had gone outside to get air leaving Quinn and him to watch from the sidelines. Both men staying silent as Blake brought her back,

What seemed like hours was only a half hours before Lia's eyes fluttered shut and she apeared to be asleep. Rising up off her Blake looked to the ceiling for a couple minutes before he finally joined them. Quinn held a towel out as the mans face was a fuckin mess from the hits he'd taken in order to take her down. Wiping away the blood he silently motioned them to move farther away before anything was said.

"Has she been continueing her therapy" Blake quietly questioned Quinn who's eyes were still locked on where Lia now slept curled in a ball.

"She was till South Carolina. Since I don't think so. Being back here she was edgy but last night there was the family dinner." Quinn explained and Blake simply nodded.

"Call her therapist and tell her what happened. Dez may want to come and do the hypnotherapy again." Blake advised then headed to the back room to clean up leaving Quinn with him.

"Something happened in the back room of Dirty Laundry with Alexei Petrov. She did more dreaming than sleeping night before last. But it wasn't like you'd expect. No screaming or anything. You could just tell by twitches and her eyes fluttering" Hugo explained the night he'd stayed and held her all night. "Last night I got up to check on her a couple times and it was the same deal" he added knowing lack of sleep was a stresser for PTSD and thinking it may share a link with Lia's diagnosis.

"I'll call Dez her therapist as Blake suggested. Blockers were set in place through hypnotherpy to help Lia function years ago. It's why she doesn't scream or thrash when the dreams come. Because she has keys set in place so she doesn't fear the demons anymore. If Alexei had joined those demons she may need another session" Quinn explained as Liam joined them looking like he'd been to hell and back.

"Call her now and get her on the first flight or charter something if needed. She isn't going through that again" Liam ordered quietly looking at Lia's sleeping form the whole time. "I want Alexei taken out in the next 24 hours. No matter what he did in that back room he still sent the hit out on her and is working with the traitor" he then ground out looking at Quinn then Hugo as if either of them would argue against it.

"I have Lia's second in town. He'll see it done" was all Quinn said before he walked away to contact the therapist leaving Hugo standing with Liam.

Given what he'd heard come out of Lia's own mouth there had been a relationship between her and Blake. A relationship that ended badly when she probably shouldn't have even been in one at that stage. With nothing he could do standing there Hugo headed to the locker room to have a little chatt with Blake.

Entering the room he stopped dead in his tracks as Royce seemed to have the same idea as him. "You cheated on her when you shouldn't have even started a relationship with her. You need to be gone before she comes too." the man ground out as Blake changed shirts.

"That's not your call" the jackass lipped out and set Hugo back in full steam.

"Maybe not but Lia's my blood and I'm telling you to take off before she comes too. What you did in there means at some point even broken Lia trusted you. A trust you stomped on. No matter the reason it'll never be good enough to justify hurting her" he barked out and the fucker simply nodded and headed for the door.

With nothing else he could do Hugo followed him out and watched him drive away on his bike. Finn decided then was a good time to apear and took a shot of Hugo's anger. One punch was all he allowed himself because that's what he'd been taught by his da. It was also what Finn deserved for walking out and not staying no matter how hard it was to see. That shit would live with him till he died but he wouldn't change the choice. Even if a small part of Lia saw him there it had been worth it.

"Until this is done the family stays away. It's too much for her and that shit is not going to happen if we can stop it. Start digging. This ends soon or we risk losing our girl forever" Hugo spat out as Finn held his jaw but didn't argue. Fuck there had to be some perks from being the oldest of this generation.

"Dad called. Guard was found dead this morning. Same one that was on duty the night Lia was taken" Finn stated breaking the silence and the calm Hugo had been just grasping onto.

Spinning what they knew through his head Hugo tossed around the four possible named they had. The distinction between cousin, brother or Uncle didn't make a difference. They were all men he'd grown up with after his dad married Shay when he was only three. They were family but in this they were suspects because of their ties to the Russian.

"Get your dad to call in a couple of Oliver seniors lads to come in on this. None of the men suspected go anywhere without a shaddow. Have their phones tapped and their rooms and cars bugged. If the list isn't pared down in 48 hours of doing that we take the next step" he ordered

"And if it isn't?" Finn questioned but not because he didn't understand and agree. The truth was clear on his cousins face. Finn just needed someone to say what he too was thinking.

"Then blood kin or not we get the answers however that needs to be accomplished" Hugo stated then turned and headed back in. Looking to the ring Lia still lay curled up sleeping if that was what it was called. With Finn right behind him Hugo entered the office where the four Black brother's sat looking as drained as he felt.

With one last glance to make sure Lia was still okay he turned and filled the guys in on what he'd decided. No one jumped in to argue but it made no differance. They couldn't protect her then but they would now. Even if it meant protecting her from herself for now.

"Liam your on full on Lia detail. Quinn's going to be busy on his end and of you four Lia trust you the most." he finished up with and simply got nods of agreement.

Note:

From chapter 8 to 16 in one night. lol That's how I seem to roll. By friday when I post them all who knows what the count will be. Isn't insomnia amazing balls lol.

Found Liam and Lia's song:

Coming up for air- Signals in Smoke