Family Hangover

Lia

Her grandfather would say she could hold her drink when it came to alcohol and she could. Rare was it that Lia would awake with a hangover even after a heavy night of it. But put her in a room full of Mulligan's for four hours the night before had her waking feeling like Casu Marzu.
Didn't help that she'd barely slept another night as the nightmares desided to rob her of it again.

Groaning Lia rolled out of bed and felt every muscle as she slowly made her way downstairs to the bathroom. The site in her living area had Lia stopping dead though and wondering if she was drunk and just didn't ken it. Because scattered in various locations slept four men. Quinn on the couch, Liam on the lounger and her brother and cousin on air mattresses on the floor.

Last night when Liam brought her home he'd bluntly told her he would be staying. Too worn out and sporting a headache she hadn't argued and simply gone to bed. When the rest of them showed up was a mystery as she'd been stuck in her own head. Side stepping where Hugo now snored away Lia headed for the bathroom again.

Showered and breath minty fresh she still felt like crap. Coffee, maybe coffee would help she though as she left the bathroom.

"Morning" Liam greeted and she would have snapped his head off if the man hadn't been holding out of steaming cup for her.

"Tis that" she muttered out as she took the cup and saw he'd made it how she prefered. Then sitting down at the island she sipped and felt a little better for it. As if reading her mood Liam said no more and simply headed for the bathroom. Smart mon.

"How are you feeling love?" Hugo asked only moments later disturbing her peace.

"Feck off and get out" she muttered glaring at the rim of her cup as she drank it all down. Unfortunatly her cousin wasn't smart like Liam.

"Ah now lass it isn't that bad a morning" he chuckled out reaching for her in the same moment Quinn warned him not too. The next moment Hugo was gazing up at her from the floor choking as he tried to find his breath again.

"I tried to warn you" Quinn muttered looking down at her cousin as he passed on his way to the coffee maker. The man was not a morning person even on a good day. He also knew her well enough to keep his lips zipped and simply held out the pot to refile her cup. This one she drank black hoping it was the cream and suger that caused the last cup to fail her.

"What the feck Lia" Hugo ground out as he hauled his ass off the floor.

"Family Hangover" she simply muttered then glanced over as Liam came out of the bathroom looking all morning yummy. Fuck you brain she cursed herself.

"I wouldn't try talking or touching her this morning. Fowl mood that one is in" Hugo told Liam then took a quick step back when she turned slowly to glare at him for it.

"Maybe for you. Me on the other hand offer the reminder that she set up to spar with Royce this morning." Liam shot back and the new was welcome. Even had her thinking she could tackle and kiss him for the reminder.

"Why would she like that over something I had to offer" Hugo shot back clearly trying to be all big territorial man. Fucker. He may be her favourite cousin but not in this moment he wasn't. Right now he was just a stupid mon.

"Because I get to pound on something" she answered for Liam getting up to go upstairs and get ready.

"Does our brother have full body padding? Cause he may want to wear it today" she heard Q before she made it up the stairs. It made her smile again but only because it reminded her that she got to beat on something. Or someone in this case the poor bastard Royce.

2 hours later....

Liam

"Fuck I'm out! Raine, your up" Royce groaned carefully rolling his ass out of the ring " I think she cracked a rib" he then muttered as their brother Raine entered the ring and set out to get his ass handed to him. The guy was just about as good as Royce and didn't have a hope in hell.

Over the last hour she'd gone two rounds with Royce and once with both Liam and Quinn. Even Hugo and Finn had done a brief spell in the ring. Still you could see the dark cloud hanging over the womens head. Checking Royce's ribbs he told him they were only bruised then went back to watching.

Fuck she was good but Liam was unsettled by where her head was at. Hugo said she'd called it a family hangover and maybe that was part of it.

"Q, you ever seen her like this?" he questioned his brother who'd just got off the phone and looked a little worried.

"Twice. Both times in the months after she took out her demons. Shrink called it dissociation. When her brain shuts down emotionally and wont connect to what she'd doing. Last night hit to hard even if she hid it well" Quinn answered and had both Hugo and Finn looking at him as if this was something they should have been warned about. Truth they all should have.

"How'd you pull her back" Liam questioned really hoping it wasn't gonna take knocking her out to do it. They would if needed but fuck he didn't want to have to go there.

"I didn't. The man who trained her pulled her out. That's who I was just on the phone with. Names Blake and he's a block away. Fair warning she wont be happy to see him and it's going to get ugly" Quinn offered just as a bike pulled in out front of the gym.

"How bad?" Liam found himself questioning as Royce went over to let the man in. They'd decided to stay closed after they first realized what shape their girl was in. Didn't need her put on show when what was happening wasn't in her control.

"You're about to see what she'd really capable of. Till now a part of her has still kept her from doing real damage. Blake's apearance is going to snap that last bit of control." Quinn warned and Liam didn't like hearing that. In the back his mind knowing there was more to their story and the reason it was about to get crazy.

"You sure there's no other way?" Finn questioned raking his his fingers through his hair as Royce and Blake joined them.

"Not anymore. She's seen me" Blake answered as Raine was literally tossed out of the ring.

"What the fuck is he doing here!" she called out storming towards the ropes only to freeze when Blake jumped up and in with her.

"Hey sweetheart" he baited because Liam could see the grin on his face and the murder that entered her eyes.

"Don't fucking sweetheart me you cheating no good piece of shit" she shot back before things really got ugly.

"Holy Fuck" Hugo muttered and Liam couldn't watch anymore. Turning he went to his office to google dissociation. There had to be a better way than this.

Note:

Casu Marzu is maggot cheese if anyone was wondering. 

Dissociation is a break in how your mind handles information.  The person may feel disconnected from their thoughts, feelings, memories, and surroundings.  it can effect your sense of identity and your perception of time.  It's main cause is trauma. 

(Information taken from WebMD)