Home

"You will come home or we will come to you" had been Sean Mulligan's threat in the last voicemail left on her phone.  The tone of her fathers words telling Lia to not test him further.  Five weeks had past since they'd learned she was alive.  It was more of a grace period than she expected so going online she booked the flight home.

      "You don't have to go back.  Wait till Ella gives the go ahead for them to come.  Then it will atleast only be our brothers and parents" Oliver had argued when she told him of her plans to leave.  These past two months they'd grown close again.  She'd sworn him to secracy but told him pieces of the past to explain her disapearance. 

     "Ella isn't ready yet and they will not be put off any longer.  I'll be okay Ollie.  I'm not that fourteen year old girl anymore.  Not as easy to hurt" she tried to assure but internally Lia worried too about what her return would bring out of the woodwork. 

   Those who had origionally taken her were dead.  Lia had made sure of that two years before.  What she didn't know was who had betrayed her all those years ago.  Lia could protect herself but she would not risk Ella is the family made good on their threat.  Would not force her sister to face them till she learned the truth and made it safe.

   These past three weeks Lia had openned to the women. The results of that dna test had changed everything in her feelings towards the women.  They were sisters.  Lia may have been the younger but she felt a protectiveness where Ella was concerned.  She needed to make it safe so that when ready Ella could come to Boston safetly.

   "You'll call" Ella's eyes so much like her own pleaded while her words were given quietly.  She'd insisted on joining Oliver in bringing her to the airport. 

   "Yes.  And if you need me I'm just a call away." Lia reassured as she pulled Ella into a tight hug. 

   "That goes both ways.  If you need us you better call." Ella whispered in her ear and hearing the protective note in her sisters voice made her smile. 

   "Aye.  I promise" she offered then stepped back then with a finally goodbye to her brother headed for the security area. 

    Flying hadn't been her ideal choice but Q had her made sure all was ready for her in Boston.  Lia may have been ordered home but she would do so on her own terms.

4 hours later...

     Landing in Boston after a short two and a half hour flight Lia was collected by the car service Q set up.  From there she went first to the flat she'd recently signed on using one of her former alias.  The keys already sent through fedex she let herself in.

    Dialing her phone Lia put it on speaker as it rang and she looked over the space.  Q answered just as she entered the upper bedroom area to find her trunk.

   "About time you checked in" Q grumbled out as she openned the trunk to make sure that it held all she'd need.  While she was coming home to family she wasn't going in unarmed. 

   "Just made it to the flat" she offered to calm the mother hen in him.  To say Q wasn't happy about her return to Boston was an understatement.  He knew all.  Q been the one to pull her out of the dark and give her purpose.  So part of her understood his concern. 

  "Have you made contact?" he questioned and Lia heard his fingers flying over the keys of his computer.  Scanning the room with trained eyes she saw the small camera in the corner of her room.  Knew he'd have others on the lower levels. 

  "Not yet" she answered walking to the closet to see if fully stocked.  Fingering the clothing hanging she was glad to see they were all dark colours.  What they weren't was the fly she normally prefers.  "Q, what is with the lace and styles?" she questioned knowing he was watching. 

  "A softer edge hun.  They may be your family but they no longer know the women you are.  You can use that to your advantage. " he answered as if it was odvious but also like this was another mission. 

    Oliver and Gideon had agreed to keep her job a secret for now.  They'd all simply told the family she'd been in South Carolina for business.  Not what the business was.  Sure the family had inquired to the nature of that business but no solid answer had been offered.  Niether man knew the full of her story but respected her privacy and hesitation in returning.

   Choosing to not respond Lia picked out a simple outfit of black socks and a grey thick sweater.  "Later" she offered before ending the call knowing he was watching over her.    Heading back down to the main level Lia showered and redressed.

    Considering Q's words she dryed her hair but left it down to soften the look.  Instead of a shadowed eye she kept her makeup light as well.  Then finding her leather jacket amongst the clothes she eyed the footwear selection.

   In the back of her mind she could hear Q's suggestion of heeled boots instead of the combats she prefered.  Now while some women had mastered lifted footware she was not one of them.  So going for the thicker shower heeled leather boots Lia hoped running wouldn't be part of her evenning.

   Shooting her keeper a text about she quickly got a response to where a set of key resting in a dish by the door.  Instructed to take the lift down Lia locked up and took the lift to the basement level of the old building.  There she exited the cage into a large open garage.  Pressing the unlock button on the key fob Lia got her first look at her transportation.

   "Hey pretty girl" she greeted the sleek black Nissan Nismo.  Sporty but not to high priced to bring more questions on what she did for a living.  When asked on the few calls she'd answered Lia had simply answered she was in liquidation.  Which wasn't really a lie depending how you defined it. 

   Slipping behind the wheel Lia started the car and took one last deep breath to steady herself.  Then with a blink she pulled out as she pulled on the character she would play.  She needed answers and until she had them Lia couldn't allow herself  to let them past the protection of her walls.

Note:

Welcome back.  I know this story line will seem slower moving in the beginning.  Coming from the MC into a new storyline I'm back into introducing this new back drop.  A Mulligan Handbook should be up later today so you can referance it as introductions are made to new characters. 

I love hearing your thought on the story line as I'm writing.  It fuels me to keep popping out the chapters faster.  So keep commenting and I'll do my best to respond and keep the story coming. 

Happy Reading!