Epilogue

Crow

     Sitting through the meeting he listenned as plans were made for checking out Crypt newest location.  It hadn't even been on their radar until the talk with the weasle in Boston.  His brother been up all night doing his thing until Crypt was sure it wasn't a set up.

   "Five days ago this place started buzzing with activity.  Cars in and out including the aunts.  From what I can tell they have about eight men on site including the bitch." Crypt offered when Ripper had everyone quiet but the rest was lost on him as he thought of Kaiah.

   They'd known each other as children before her family moved off the rez.  He could see the little girls she'd been tagging around with the big kids.  Probably to avoid going home like the rest of them.  How many times had she apeared just after his mom fed them what she could scratch up for breakfast.  Never before, even though he was sure she hadn't eaten and knowing she'd left before her dad got up.

    Kaiah like him came from a hard childhood most wouldn't understand.  But in each their own way, they'd gotten away from it.  Crow with the club and Kaiah with nursing and setting off on her own.  It had been a surprise to see her again.  That they'd landed in the same place hours from the rez they'd been born on.  A beauty for sure she'd turned into but there was nothing more than friendship there.  Well maybe a little more of a brother sister thing blooming as they got reaquainted.

    The women she'd become was so much stronger than the little girl she'd once been.  The world had hardend her but there wasn't an indian in this country who hadn't been hardened by the world they lived in.  He also knew she had a protective streak as she sent home money to her sister each month.  Still made weekly calls home to make sure she was okay.  It was that streak that had him worried about what they'd find.

    In the time Ella had been working for the club Crow hadn't really paid much attention to her.  Truth the women kept herself in the shaddows most of the time slipping in and out quietly.  But in the weeks leading up to them being taken Ella had been around more.  Visiting with North and Lia and helping Liz get a good clean on in the old clubhouse.  Crow had seen enough to know that she was soft compared to Kaiah.  Not weak but inocent.  And that had him worried.

   "Crow" Ripper called out getting his attention and he found himself in the spotlight.

    "Sorry, stuck in my head for a minute" he offered honestly

    "We get it man.  Kaiah and you have a past but we need you in the here and now.  You'll be with Reaper, Boomer, Sin and Lia going in to retrieve Ella and Kaiah." Ripper offered and had him sitting up straight hearing Sin and Lia would be with them.  Odviously he'd missed that.  But fuck he didn't like it.

    Sin was an old lady and Lia considered family since her help a couple months ago.  As Delta it was his job to keep them out of danger.  Not fucking escort them into it.  Ripper must have seen he was about to argue it and held a hand up to silence him.

   "I get it.  I don't fucking like it either man but the women had a valid point when they came to me.  We don't know what we're going to find when we get there.  What's been done to them.  Brinn.....she says they may not be able to see the difference between us and the scum.  Only that we're men.  We need the women just in case and both Sin and Lia can handle their own" he stated and had the bottom dropping out of his stomach at the implication.

    Ripper's old lady Brinn had survived something simular and would know.  If she said the women were needed then they were.  But fuck he prayed that neither off them had suffered that way.  The bastards would suffer a very painful death if they had.  Fuck he'd make momma demon look like a kitten if they had.  He hated to think it but Kaiah he knew would protect Ella.  Like him Kaiah would know that the little irish lass may not come back from something like that.  Could Kaiah though.

    "The aunt is kept alive.  Kaiah and Ella get to choose on that bitch"  Reaper offered slapping a hand down on his sholder.  Looking up at the man Crow saw the understanding there.  The man was a protector of the club women though he held no title.  Neither of them had gotten much sleep these past five days though. 

    "Fine.  My wife will enjoy that" Demon offered darkly and they all knew why. 

    "Get your shit together.  We ride in a half hour" Ripper ordered bringing the meeting to a close.  Crow remained seated as did Reaper till the room was just about empty.

    "What if" he began only for Reaper to give him a smack on the back of the head.

     "They're alive.  Everything else we deal with after.  And we be thankful they lived.  Some dont" the man stated then got up quickly and headed out.  Not quick enough for Crow to miss seeing the look on the mans face.  A look that explained why the brother watched over the women.  Loss.

Note:

Book Order:

Inked  (Brinn & Ripper)

Baby Makes Four  (Liz &Switch)

Sin  (Sin & Boomer)

Lia's Return  (Lia & Liam)

Irish Rose  (Ella)

Spirit   (Kaiah)

Seanchai  (Dervil)