eleven

Chapter 11 - Not giving me that enthusiasm

×××

p.s This chapter is a full flashback

Sunghoon

I woke up due to the ringing sound from my phone. I pressed my palm on my aching forehead, I probably want to sleep more. I reached out for my phone and slid the green button.

"Hello? Mom?"
I started.

"Hello Dear, I'm sorry for calling you this early but It's really important"
She sounded so gloomy making my brows furrow.

"What is it, Mom?"
I asked our of curiosity.

"Sunghoon, you're marrying—"

"Stop. right. there"

"Hoon, I know it's hard for you, I-it's just that me and your Dad-"

"It is Mom! It's Hard for me and you can't make that change with your Inadequate reasons because it will not affect me. Whatever happens, I'm not marrying someone by contract"

I indignantly aimed. I know how this all works, so whatever words comes up in mind, I spit it out.

"Then to be fair, lend me your reasons. Tell me why you don't want this and I'll understand"

She continued...

"According to your Dad, the girl's Father is easy to deal with and with one logical statement, he'll just entrust the offer to somebody else but if you don't have any of does, you will be marrying her daughter"

I licked my lips, trying to think of any idea and one popped into my head.

"Irene..."
I muttered.

"What was that, Dear?"

But what if she doesn't agree..

"Hoon, are you still there?"

I'll just increase her salary.. what- no!

"Sunghoon, If you don't answer me, I'll concede the contract"

Think of a better idea Sunghoon!

"Fine, I'll hang up now and tell-"

"I have a Fiance!"

I shouted, without even thinking but I can't just also agree and marry someone I don't like, I don't love, I don't even know...

Would she care for me?, would she cook for me?, can she spend time with me?, can she treat me preciously? like somebody?

can she..... make me happy?

"You have— a what?"

no.

"I have a Fiance for almost a year now"

These white lies, It'll hurt her..

"Really, Dear? why didn't you tell us?"

But I'll try my best to make her happy..

"I'm sorry, Mom. I'm just scared that you and dad won't accept her.. I really love her"

Even though it's just a foolish relationship..

"Oh Dear.. Alright, I'll tell your father right away, stay safe"

I'll try my best...

"You too, Mom. Bye"

To love her.

×××