twenty four

Chapter 24 - Be with someone who makes you look forward to tomorrow

×××

Irene

I stared at my food as it turns cold. I pouted with squinting eyes. I was eating, alone in one table. I placed the silver spoon down and finished my frappe.

I walked the quiet hallway that was leading to the Company's main terrace. My heels clicking, hands on pockets, and my face, poker. I was evidently exasperated by that one guest but I shouldn't be..

I shouldn't be annoyed because she just wants coffee..
or him... whatever.

I shook my head, clearing the nonsense thoughts in my mind. I moved my shoulder upward in a half shrug and continued walking. 

I rested my elbows on the railings and stared down the building. My eyes observed the people walking around the road. I found myself enjoying the relaxation with the summer air.. but it would be more fun if Sunghoon was here.

I felt the smile on my face slowly fading, but before it could, a pair of strong arms sneaks itself to my waist. I jumped slightly at the contact and familiarized the touch. It was Sunghoon.

"Hey, Rin"
That dulcet voice I wanted to hear, called out my name. I glanced down his hand that was resting on my waist, it made me smile, I very much like the comfortable sensation we're in right now.

"Hey, Sunghoon"
I greeted back as I placed my hand on his. He chuckled softly while butterflies were having its rock fest in my stomach.

"I thought you were having coffee with.. her"
My tone changed as soon as I mentioned 'her'. He noticed it and pulled back, changing his position to a proper one. He held my shoulders, making me face him.

My eyes turned sharp while we made contact with each other. I crossed my arms letting him speak up,

"I declined to have coffee with her"
A hint of relief and happiness filled my senses. My lips twitched upward, but then looked down at my feet, hiding my noble smile.

"Why?"
I asked coldly, trying to maintain my poker expression. His mouth performed a lengthy hum before answering..

"Because I'd rather have coffee with you"
As soon as I heard his response, my body turned flimsy, his words were already wrecking me.. oh gosh, I can't keep up.

"Oh.. I see"
I tried my best to not let out a smile and remain calm. My cheeks were rinsing nonstop and it was so noticeable.

"So now you're blushing huh?"
My eyes widened as I looked up and faced him.
Gosh he looks so ethereal!

I shook my head in response and sneaked out of his arms, I ambled fastly through the hallway, embarrassed. I can see him following me in the corner of my eyes, chuckling perpetually.

───────────

5:14

I entered Sunghoon's office to pass the paperwork that he had assigned me to do. My heels clicked at every step making him notice my presence. His face shifts from dull to a delighted manner. I smiled and handed him the papers carefully.

"What time are you going home, hm?"
I asked Sunghoon, slightly leaning towards him as I caressed his cheeks with my hand. He closed his eyes in solace making me grin.

"Whenever you're going home as well"
He replied, eyes still closed while I continue to rub my thumb on his fluffy  cheeks.

I hummed in response and stayed at his office for a while, waiting for him to finish his work.

Sunset came to the highlands as God's poetry, hues from flame to heather told in soft rolling verse.

It's so mesmerizing to watch as if God graffitied rainbow-flame upon the evening sky, the sunset came in its boldest blaze. I would never get bored at any place, as long as I'm with Sunghoon. As long as he's by my side. The tension would never get old.

I clutched the blanket that Sunghoon gave me earlier, I was sitting with my legs up, close to my chest, watching him work and the sunset.

"I'm done, Rin"
He spoke up. My eyes made their way to look at him with a bright smile, he smiled back and fixes his things to sign out.

"Let's go, love"

I buckled up my seatbelt and waited for Sunghoon to start the engine. I pulled out my phone and scrolled through social media.

"Remember when you struggled with unbuckling your seatbelt?"
He questioned out of nowhere in a teasing tone. I gawk up from my phone and scoffed.

"Oh shut up, Mister"
I ordered with mockery.

"What? Your reddened cheeks that time were pretty obvious, you know"
He pestered while starting the car.

"Oh my goodness, stop that"

I slapped his arm playfully, getting annoyed and embarrassed at the same time.

We laughed and teased each other at the long drive, I feel so secured and safe when I'm with him.

He's like my knight and shining armor that could never leave me at lonely nights, could never leave me in the darkness, and could never leave me broken by sadness..

So this is what you call your euphoria?

×××