Additional Chapter

Chapter 31 - My safest sky is you.

×××

Months Later

Irene ran as quick as a lightning, running up the stairs to their bedroom where Sunghoon is.

"Darling, are you finished?"
Irene asked Sunghoon who was struggling with fixing his necktie. Irene chuckled at his state and walked toward him to help.

"Thank you"
Sunghoon voiced and watched his wife, admiring every bit of her movements.

He found himself staring at the necklace he gave her, smiling widely at the thought of she never forgets to wear it whenever they go out.

"Done, let's get going"

At the Airport

"Jay! Jay!"
Irene screeched not too loud but had a certainty that Jay heard it.

Jay, who was on his phone, looked up from it and turned his head around to see her sister and her husband calling him out.

Jay's eyes lit up and promptly walked towards them, the area was piled that he needed to excuse himself from people that were blocking his way.

When he finally got out of the crowd, he wandered his eyes off to search for them. Once he found them, he ran and hugged his sister, also greeting Sunghoon, flaring him a smile as the other smiled back.

"What are you guys doing here? My plane is about to board passengers."
Jay stated with a chuckle.

"We just want to say goodbye properly!"
Irene exclaimed, followed by Sunghoon who aggressively nodded.

"Goodbye, Jay. Bring Jihye eonnie back, I'm counting on you, alright? Bring her back or I'll let you stand at the top of the Eiffel Tower!"
Irene jokingly threatened.

"I will, I will. Don't worry"
Jay rolled his eyes at his sister's usual and famous lines.

"Stay safe"
Sunghoon uttered and raised his hand up to perform a waving gesture.

"I will, bro. Take care of my sister." 
They flashed each other smiles until the announcer clarified that planes are now requiring passengers to be on board.

"This is it. I'll get going now, love you!"
He bid them a sweet farewell.

"Bye! Bring Jihye back, I swear!"

"Yes, I will!"
Jay trippingly ran, replying loudly.

The married couple watched as his body decreased its size, getting smaller and smaller.

They stared outside the big glass window and waited for Jay's plane to take off. The sunset was fleeting, creating beautiful bright colors in the sky.

Dusk comes to bring us moonlight, to the time of reflection upon the day passed and awaiting day to be renewed by the light of the sun. It is when the birds sing goodnight until the stars bid them to dream under-wing. Each hue deepens in noble solemnity finding unity in the night.

As soon as the Plane did its shift. They waved their hands at it, snickering at how silly they looked.

They turned and looked at each other affectionately, their faces got closer and closer. Seconds passed, and they found their lips clasped to each other, the moment was truly genuine.

Once their lips parted, they giggled with crimson cheeks.

"When we were at the plane, going back here.. I heard what you whispered"
Irene said, eyeing him a teasing look. In contrast, Sunghoon seemed confused about what she had said.

"What was it?"
Sunghoon breathed out. He somehow felt nervous,

"Is it serious or perhaps.. embarrassing?"
He thought with reddened cheeks.

"When I told you that we needed to pretend that we're in love with other so they could believe our relationship!"
She exclaimed in disbelief, noticing how Sunghoon didn't really remembered it.

She remained silent, waiting for him to come to his thoughts. Minutes passed, and Sunghoon haven't let out anything which made Irene give up.

"You told me that you don't need to pretend that we're in love! So you're saying that you were already in love with me when we first went to New York, eh?"
Irene wiggled her eyebrows playfully making Sunghoon chuckle.

"You're right.. I was already in love with you that time. That's why I asked you to make move to the contract. There's so many girl's out there but guess what? I chose you"

"I'll always choose you"
He assured.

Irene's blush showed honesty, it's pink perfection, it is the hallmark of one who is true of the heart.

All of the sweet eternities they committed were precious and this day was special. Well, every day is special for them, because every day, good things happen, and what makes the good things happen?

Love.

×××