seventeen

Chapter 17 - Little treatments

×××

Author

She stepped in with cold feet before bidding goodbye to her boss. She closed the door and swung her body only to see her furious brother, crossing his arm.

"Where have you been? Can't you see the time? It's Quarter to ten"
He said bitterly.

"Oops sorry, we just had ramen" Irene excused.

"Just as I thought"
Jay rolled his eyes, pointing out his assumption. He took a step aside so Irene could go upstairs and rest. But just as about her taking a single step on the stairs, her brother began speaking again.

"You're not faking your relationship with him, are you?"
Her cold naked feet stopped its movements, she held the railings tight, halting her tracks.

"I'm not, how could you think such a thing?"
She ended her response with a slightly nervous chuckle. Jay noticed her shaking existence from his back.

He turned his head and attention to Irene, who was about to take a step on the stairs. She once again stopped her movements and faced Jay.

"Nothing, I'm just really curious. You can rest now"
Irene only nodded to his reply and ran upstairs. He let it slid aside just for now. But evidently, he was working on his suspicion.

Next morning

Another serene morning was seen. Irene made her way to her father's room to check on him. She opened the door carefully as her body quivered to the cold air that was locked inside her father's room.

"Morning, Father."
She greeted, slightly tapping her father's shoulder. No response was heard, making Irene furrow her brows.

"That's unusual"
Irene thought. Mr. Park was never late to respond to his most loved daughter. What happened today?
Even if he's still asleep and in deep thoughts, he'd never let his daughter leave without his retort.

Once again, she greeted,

"Good morning, Dad?"
No response either. She tried to make him face her but he was too heavy.  She stood up and looked over to see her father with unprecedented pale skin.

Her eyes widened and touched her father's forehead feeling a burning hot perception. She called his private doctor on the telephone immediately, not wasting any time.

After some instants, the doctor arrived. Irene was asked to leave the room and she followed. She leaned on the wall beside her father's door while contacting Jay who's at work.

After sending several messages and replies, she felt contented with Jay's comfort and advice. Later on, she received a phone call. She checked the caller ID, it was Sunghoon!

"Shit"
She muttered, forgetting about her work schedule. She massaged her temples before sliding the green button.

"Hello, Sir?"

"Where are you? You're twenty minutes late by now, Ms. Park"

"I'm sorry, Mr. Park. My F-father.. he's in some sort of urgent condition" 

Irene answered with her shaky voice. She had the urge to tear up right now but it was him, it was her superior, she can't just cry foul.

"Are you okay? Did you call a doctor?"

"Yes, I did. He's examining him inside"

"Do you want me to come over?"

"Can you?"
She felt his comfort embracing her. Lately, she can't help but beam a smile away from him. Their relationship was goodly doubtful.

"Yes, wait there. I'm on my way"
Irene hummed in response and dropped the phone call.

She waited for a long time until she received a message from Sunghoon, that the traffic was a hassle. She chuckled and replied,

"That's fine. The doctor already left, by the way"

"Okay, good"
He replied back in an instant.

'Good?' Irene questioned in her thoughts. She did a quick narrowing of her brows but soon shrugged it off.

After some time, he arrived and now was the next one to visit Mr. Park. Her wait.. It was worth it.

"Is he gonna be fine?"
Irene asked worriedly, leaning off the wall as she faced Sunghoon who just got out of the room.

"He's going to be fine, don't worry"
The other assured and gave her a slight smile.

"Thanks again for visiting, Sunghoon. Can I not go work today? If it's okay for you.."
Irene requested, biting her lip and swallowing unnecessarily.

"Of course, I'll go on a day off today. I'll check up on you and Mr. Park"
She raised an eyebrow, feeling in awe at his response. Sunghoon only chuckled at the girl's reaction.

"O-okay but what about Jae's party later?"
Irene asked out of the blue, pertaining if they would make it there later on. Sunghoon then answered,

"I'll text him that we couldn't go, worry about your Dad fully"

Irene couldn't help but smile. She's her boss, her freaking boss. Expecting how cold and rude he is but turns out, he's kind and caring. He can share, can help, can make you happy and..

can make you fall for him.

×××