twenty

Chapter 20 - Birds of a feather flock together

×××

Irene

The shocked look never leaves my face. Though, I enjoyed it. I enjoyed our time alone. Since this dilemma already arose, I would be more baffled than ever after this.

"It's my first kiss, actually"
I made up my response as he smiled and kissed me slowly once again. He squeezed my shoulders tightly that I found defensive.

We pulled away for a seconds, prior and found ourselves grinning shyly. If it was for us to continue this relationship and make it real, we can't disagree.

It would be nice to have someone beside you to support you, to motivate you to keep going for your dreams, for your future.

My breath hitched as soon as he sat me down at the table, not caring about the works he had made that was laying on the it.

"Wha—"
He cut me off with his gruff voice.

"Shh Keep it down, love"
My palms were filled with sweat, my body trembling, and I was gulping nonstop. Butterflies in my stomach can't stop it's flattering making me go dead crazy.

That nickname.. is only for couples, right? Are we even together? I don't know. I ask myself questions I can't answer. I spared, asking for the change, but nothing seems to respond.

Our Relationship can define complicated. It's when you don't know whether you stand in someone's life or chase him desperately.

It's when you're hanging in dead air, and can be thrown off anytime..

What even is love?

The heat down my body has already been replaced to my cheeks. Sunghoon rested his hands on the table as he backed away, noticing my shivering and agitated presence. He let me breathe for awhile while he sat down beside me, facing the glass window in front of us.

The dim moon scattered its light through the surface and abodes, reflecting through the window. Glints hitting our hands that were interlocked. The moon was luminous.. like the kindling fire of us.

I can't negate it. Sunghoon can't even meet any of my refusals. Is it because... I like him? No, Maybe. I love him? Well, I do.

"What are you thinking?"
He suddenly implored.

"Sunghoon, are we still friends?"
I inquired, voiced with tremor. Are we though? After that kiss..?

"Friends don't kiss, Ms. Park"
He answered purely which earned him an astounded look. I kept my mouth shut. He was right. Friends don't kiss.. on the lips.

"Then.."
I continued,

"What are we?"
I finally aksed it. I rubbed my palms up and down on my forearm in a quiet anxious action, Hoping he would say something positive.

He didn't call out any response but Instead, he sat there, his shoulders stiffened while fidgeting his rings and fingers.

"What you want us to be."
He gave me a sweet, small smile.

My shoulder tensed as my eyes squinted, processing something inside my head. I then started my judgments.

"Can we be.. what you want us to be?" I asked him back. A low laugh left his lips, trying to think of an valid answer.

"Will you be mine?"
He called on. My lips parted amusingly. I can see how he beamed at the corner of my eye. His smile was as cold and lovely as frost on a windowpane, I was enthralled by it. He seemed complacent with his query, so do I.

This will be the death of me.

"Yours." I countered with my oh so mellifluous voice.

Courtship. That word was the very first word that popped into my mind. Courtship is a commitment, it's a promise not to play games with another person's heart.

A view of marriage, isn't it? Behaviors and romantic actions are related. Did we accomplish it? Kisses? Hugs? Cuddles? And.. never mind.

My face reddened in disbelief at the thought of going too far with my own words.

"Should I drive you home, love?"
Sunghoon asked me out of the blue.

I blushed harder as if I played the challenge, one hundred layers of blush-on. He softly chuckled at the sight.

"Why are you suddenly calling me that?"
I asked back, looking down at my lap to circumvent his eye contact.

"Hm? You're mine, I'm yours. Bare with it, Sweetheart"

And the last thing I knew is when I ran out of his office with a dominant color applied on both cheeks.

I heard his deep and slow snicker from afar. I waited outside his office whereas he concentrated on keeping his things to leave with me.

I stood there with my arms folded. Employees and workers passed by, eyeing me from head to toe. Whispering things I can't clearly understand.

I lif my shoulders in a half shrug but went rigid as soon as I gave attention to them, mumbling randomly.

"I saw her kissing Mr. Park" 

"For real?"

"Yes! I saw it with my own eyes. Mr. Park even had to lift her and make her sit down the table to kiss her more!"

Then it hit me! The Curtains were freaking open!

×××