Chapter 11-the truth?

Jake's POV

As the car pulled away, I could see her in the rear view mirror. I could see the hurt on her face and it almost killed me. But, I knew this was the only way she would let go of me, let go of us. The truth was that, she is still so young she has so much of life to live and so much to see. And we were like two trains running on parallel tracks, so close. Yet they will never actually come into contact, never destined to meet. We are going in two completely different directions in life and I don't want to be the one holding her back.

You won't regret it? she whispers

Maybe, but I know that it is the right thing to do.  He says softly

Maybe, but, life is so short. Why push someone away when you love them? She said

Is it love? He whispered to himself

Soon enough she will be going off to college, where she can meet someone her own age. Can I really have anything in common with a girl her age? He said

If a few years go past, and I'm still want she wants then maybe we can be together. But realistically would the people around us understand? Would her mom understand? Her aunt? What do you suppose I say? I'm leaving you for your niece? i'm sure they'd call the police over in no time.

They say that age is only a number. But how can it be, what she really needs right now is some space away from me. I think it's for the best, it's only a few months until her 18 birthday. I don't want to make any mistakes or do anything that i'll regret.

Isn't already too late for that? she asked

Maybe, I guess only time will tell.

It's been such a long time since i've updated this book. I have gone so much since I first started this story. I hope you enjoy reading it.