Chapter 9-Betrayal

I was still sitting in my car.

Keys in the ignition, engine running , it had been forty minutes. Forty-three minutes and seven seconds to be exact.
And I still could not decide what to do. Do I go through with my elaborate plan or do I just head back the same way I came. Forget all about it forget all about him.
It could all just be that easy. It could all just end here.
But ultimately what good would that do? Wouldn't I just be running away from the problem, again? Instead of facing it head on like I said I would.

All that was going through my mind was the possible scenarios of how this could all pan out.

I was so caught up in what could be, that I almost didn't see him walking across the school parking lot. Heading in my direction, looking completely perfect, as usual.

His wind swept hair.
His perfect smile.
The way he walks.
Every little detail that made me fall so deeply in love with him.
I slowly analysed every inch of him from head to toe, as he got closer and closer to me.

The man I loved the man who loved me. The man I would do anything for. The man who only loved me, or at least I thought.

He was walking in my direction but he certainly wasn't walking towards me. I continued to watch his every move as he walked. Walked further and further away from me, to his car.

More specifically to the girl who currently had her arm draped over the top of his car. Waiting for him, smiling at him as he closed the distance between the two of them.

One

Two

Three

Four

Five

With every footstep that he took it felt like my heart was closing in on itself.

When he finally arrived at his car and lightly kissed her on the  cheek. I felt as if my heart had been penetrated by a billion knifes. The pain was so raw, so real it felt as if I couldn't even breathe.

As I put my car into reverse, I didn't even know where I was going.

Anywhere but here.

Anywhere but here.

Anywhere but here, I said to myself.

I just need to get away from here, then I'll be fine.

If you are still reading this story then thank you. Anyone have any ideas about who this mysterious girl could be? Would love to hear your thoughts in the comment section 😊