Chapter 2

We started to walk around town. "So, where should we look first?" George asked. "How about by the national history museum? That's where they looked first." I said. "What do you mean by they?" John asked. "I mean the dino thunder rangers that came before us." I said. We go to the national history museum and walked around the grounds. We didn't find anything. Then we decided to go look in the forest. While walking around the forest there was something that I wanted to tell them. "Hey, did you guys ever hear the story about the guy who was hiking up here and fell into a giant sinkhole?" I asked. "Must have missed that one." John said. "Come on, it was on all the urban legend websites." I said. "We don't really go on those websites." George said. "Yeah, besides, you can't always believe what you see on the internet." Joe said. "Just trying to give you guys the heads up. Stuff happens out here. Just don't come crying to me when you fall in a giant sinkhole." I said. Then, without warning, we all fall into a giant sinkhole. "Is everybody okay?" I asked. "Yeah, we're okay." John said. "Alright, you guys, stay here where it's safe. I'll climb up and come back with help." Ryan said. He started to climb up but the rock ledge that his hand was on broke and he fell back onto the ground. "Back already?" I asked with a laugh. We started to walk through the cave. I was singing if only.

"Babe, can you keep it down? I'm trying to stay focused here." John said. "Did you just call me babe?" I asked while facing John. Then I turned to George. "Did he just call me babe?" I asked. "I don't know. I wasn't listening. I was still grooving to your tune." George said. Later that night Alyssa just bursted into song but doesn't know why. It's like she's tortured by something.

Fithteen years ago this happened.

After we walked down the cave a little more we came across a dinosaur skeleton. "This screams jurastic park to me." I said. Then George opened the dinosaurs mouth which made part of the cave wall go up revealing the same place where John and I found our gems. Then Ryan walked over to a meteor that has three dino gems that are yellow, black, and white. "Yo, don't touch that." George said as Ryan reached for the black dino gem. "Why not?" Ryan asked. We walked up to him. "You really are taking this dumb jock thing to a whole new level." Joe said. "Look, I have sat through enough lame science classes to know that thing looks fully prehistoric, and I don't have to miss a best buddies meeting." Ryan said. "I hate to agree with him, I really do, but I already missed one football game." George said. Then they picked up the gems and the gems glowed. Ryan picked up the black one, Joe picked up the yellow one, and George picked up the white one. "Well, what are they?" George said. "They're called dino gems." I said. George started to walk out. "Where are you going?" I asked. George turned to face us. "I don't want to think about what kind of a freak lives in a place like this and I sure don't want to be here when it gets home." George said. We walk out. Meanwhile at Alyssa's house she felt something. "The gems have moved. I can feel them." Alyssa said. Meanwhile in the cave we found a way out. After a minute or so tyranodrones showed up. "Don't, move." Joe said. "Great idea, make it easy for them." John said. "New plan, RUN!" I said. We started to run away when Joe tripped and fell. He screamed and it sounded like a pterodactyl. Everyone except for me covered their ears. Somehow, it doesn't bother me, and dosen't hurt my ears. We help him up and the gem glowed. Then we split up. Ryan uses invisibility and George used camouflage. John was able to block each attack with hardened skin and I used my super speed along with camouflage. All of our gems glowed. Then Tommy walked up to us. "Are you guys alright?" Tommy said. "Yeah." I said. "Couldn't be better." John said. Tommy decided to take us back home. "Should we tell him?" I asked. "No." George said. The next day after school I was talking with my friends. "Okay, so we all agree no one talks about this to anyone, no matter what." I said. "I can do better than that. I'm out of it. Just forget I was here and I'll do the same." Joe said while giving his gem to me. "Hey, how come she gets it?" John asked. "Well here." Joe said as he took his gem out of my hand and puts it in John's hand. After talking for a while Joe said "You know what, I give up." Then he started to walk away when he felt some wind which is weird because there was no wind whatsoever. "Oh, you've got to be kidding me." Joe said. Then tyranodrones showed up and grabbed him. "Get away freaks!" Joe yelled. "Joe!" My friends and I said as we started to run over to him. Before we could get there they disappeared through an invisaportal with Joe. We got into a black Subaru forester and left the school. "Where are we going?" Ryan asked. "Dr. Oliver's." I said. "What's he going to do?" George said. "He's a dinosaur guy, these things are dinosaurs, sort of." I said. "Alright so where does he live?" John asked. "1992 Valencia road." I said. "Valencia road, that's like way out in the middle of the woods." Ryan said. We got to the house and I knocked. There was no answer. "Knock again." George said. I knocked again and once again, no answer. "Now what?" I asked. John opened the door. "What are you doing?" I asked. "Why would he leave it unlocked?" George said. "He's got no neighbors." I said. "What, you never heard of the three bears?" John asked before walking inside. "Is that the last book you read?" I asked as I followed him into Tommy's house followed by our friends. "Dr. Oliver." John said. "Hello?" I asked. "Man, check it out." George said while walking over to a t-rex figurine. He was about to open the figurines mouth when I stopped him. "Hey, remember last time you did that?" I asked. "Girl, the guy's a teacher not..." George said while opening the figurines mouth. Part of the floor came up. "Batman." George said. We go down the stairs and found out it was the same place where we got the dino gems. "It's the same place." John said. "Are you freaking out right now?" I asked. "Yeah, I'd had to say we are." Ryan said. Then Tommy comes up behind us. "If you're looking for extra credit, you're in the wrong place." Tommy said. "Dr. Oliver, before you go out can we explain why we're here?" I asked. "Ariel, he's just going to laugh when we tell him." John said. "It's the truth. He'll believe us." I said. "Alright, Joe's gone." George said. "He got taken by these weird looking dinosaur things." I said. "He doesn't look convinced." Ryan said. Tommy turned away. "They're called tyranodrones." Tommy said. "And you know that because..." John said. "I helped create them." Tommy said. "Oh, class project?" John asked. "It's a long story. For now, we got to figure out what they want with Joe." Tommy said. "It might have something to do with these." I said while pulling out Joe's gem. Meanwhile in Mesagog's lab Joe just woke up. "Give me the gems." Mesagog said. "Who's there? Come out so I can see you." Joe said. "Give me the gems." Mesagog said again.